Home Forums The Gaming Room Need help with Kill Team

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 9 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Any experienced Kill Team players? I’m trying to put together a couple of teams for a battle report, but the system really is very, very fiddly and almost too flexible for creating teams. What I’d really like is just some sample teams, but instead it seems I have to put together command rosters of 20 models from which players then choose 100 pt teams for the mission.

What confuses me is, all the sample kill teams GW show in the books only seem about 50 pts worth. Instead of these little teams of, say, 5 space marine models, they’re going to be twice that size.

I’ve searched, but I can’t find anywhere where someone has just come up with sample teams to use when time is short. We don’t all have the time to obsessively pour over tables and tweak wargear fitouts and all that guff! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Did you try the official List builder from GW?

40k Combat Roster

And I remember TM talking about cheap listbuilding:

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That list builder is for 40K, not Kill Team – I believe they’re different. The video is good for suggestions for buying certain figures for kill teams, but doesn’t go into actual lists.

Thanks though! I guess I just have to use whatever models I have and build the lists around them.

dcm
    Participant

I’m really glad you asked this question. I picked up Kill Team recently and was starting to think I was too thick to easily grasp what to put together. Looking forward to anyone who comes across something easy

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s even tricky matching your models to Kill Team lists. I though the Deathwatch models in Deathwatch Overkill would be perfect, but it turns out a lot of their weaponry isn’t in the Deathwatch list (eg chainsword, plsma pistol, hand flamer etc).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.