Home Forums The Kitchen Nemesis…

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Nemesis has shot through stretch goals.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/nemesis-board-game

I have watched a play through at Beasts of War and it does look interesting.

Does seem expensive for only 25 miniatures.

And I am concerned about the similarities with the Alien movie franchise. Didn’t Prodos get into trouble with their AvP game?

Breasts are an issue as usual. Lots of people complaining about them.

And it would be nice if people learned to read. In the comments section people keep asking the same questions when the information is on the campaign page… so many asking about if the ‘day one medic’ was still available? And what is ‘sundrop’?

I should probably stay away from comments section… it’s full of morons.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I backed it. I even got the terrain pack, which I don’t really need. This War of Mine was a really impressive production, and I like the variety of things going on in thsi one and, of course, the Alien theme.

Yes, reading Kickstarter comments is like reading YouTube comments, it makes you despair for the future of humanity. 🙂

8th
    Participant

What future? I’m still waiting for the Trumpocalypse.

The 24 hour window is over… no more free medic. Maybe they will stop whining about her cleavage and start whining about not getting her free 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I missed all the drama (I avoid reading Kickstarter comments), but personally, I wish publishers would stop creating silly female miniatures. Seriously, no female professional on a spaceship is going to walk around the ship with her tits hanging out. Constantly slapping big breasts on miniatures is ridiculous, puerile, dated, spoils the verisimilitude of the setting, and is completely unnecessary. It really is past time to leave that sad Page 3 stuff behind us.

8th
    Participant

Funnily enough, we no longer have page 3 girls in the Sun in the uk…

However… they do seem to have news stories involving women in underwear every day 🙂

Nice use of verisimilitude… I like to see the language being used…

But ‘tits hanging out’ kinda soiled the highbrow effect…

And there is a female professional on a spaceship who would walk around like that… the ship’s prostitute 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I know, thank goodness. Unbelievable that it ever happened. Then again I’m currently watching the old late 70s Hammer Horror TV series, and the casual sexism of the time has to be seen to be believed.

My language has always been a strange blend of ‘things said for impact’ and ‘things said to show off my vocabulary’. 🙂

I’m sure spaceship crew of the future can keep it in their pants for the duration of the mission. Unless of course they act as unprofessionally and as unscientifically as the crew in Prometheus or Covenant. “Air seems good on this alien planet – think I’ll take my helmet off!” “ Just landed on this alien planet – think I’ll wander off by myself and have a smoke!”

CK Lai
    Participant

Yeah. The IP issue is going to be an interesting one … this is so close to Aliens… brood mother… eggs… Aliens with claws and spiky tails… spaceship with narrow corridors …

Granted none of these is exactly new, but it’s the specific combo of all these elements that might get AR into trouble. One look at the KS page screams “Alien!!!” (Yes I backed it.)

@8th “Sundrop” is what AR calls their zenithal primed minis. Check out Sorastro’s Blood Rage giant painting video for an explanation of zenithal priming if you’re not sure what that means.

8th
    Participant

@UH… Clearly the crew of Prometheus and Covenant have never seen Scream and thus don’t know the rules of horror movies… Don’t have sex. Don’t drink, or do drugs (smoking coins). Don’t say “I’ll be right back”…

Personal!y, I think the Alien franchise has two good movies… Alien and Aliens.

@CK… I am aware of what sundrop is… I got the mini in This War of Mine.

It was a question that backers were asking because they’re too lazy to read the FAQ.

I had concerns about the IP as soon as I saw it.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th : sorry. Was speed reading 🙁

8th
    Participant

No problem, you were just trying to help.

8th
    Participant

They just announced a comic book stretch goal, bit like the script book in This War of Mine.

I’m not really interested and would prefer component upgrades…

But pledge total actually dropped when they announced it. Comment section full of dissenting voices.

Be interesting to read Awaken Realms response and see next update.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

How bizarre, it’s an extra, why bother dropping one’s pledge? I think people forget most of this stuff is pre-planned way in advance.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.