Home Forums The Kitchen Nemesis…

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 13 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Actually, this ks went nuts funding in minutes on day one, so I think we may be beyond what they expected.

8th
    Participant

@UH…. What do you think of the ‘Sundrop’ pre-paint thing?

I know you like to paint stuff and also have a backlog of painting to do.

I’m in a similar situation and considering it, although it does add £30 to pledge cost.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I think it’s a great idea for non-painters, and in this case it seems to particularly suit the aliens. Too expensive for me though, especially since I could probably come up with a similar technique with an airbrush.

8th
    Participant

Thinking about it… the aliens are virtually one colour, no clothing obviously… so maybe just changing the primer and throwing a shader/wash over it would do the trick.

Might train it out on Endure the Stars before the pledge manager and see if it works.

Not many crew to paint either.

8th
    Participant

Not sure about this KS now. Not great value and limited replay value.

Might just end up being box of plastic for SF RPG and I have lots of that.

Aftermath putting me off. Backers voted for some crap characters and miniatures.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Hoping to get a late pledge in for this, since of course I found out way too late about it and I love the Alien-franchise.

Not sure about this KS now. Not great value and limited replay value.

Whoah! What’s with the huge quote-font?

Anyway, can I ask why you think the replay-value is low? I didn’t think this is scenario-based, is it?

8th
    Participant

It’s the lack of scenarios that puts me off.

I’m not fond of games where you just play to fill time. Once you beat the game it goes back on the shelf to gather dust as it’s the same scenario every time. All that changes is the map.

Don’t mind so much with short games like Bloodrage, or Vs games like Mythic Battles (wide range of units and human opponent), but a 2 hour plus game with the same objective feels a bit like monopoly to me.

More importantly, I have limited game time per week, so need to choose wisely.

But if Nemesis appeals to you… go for it… only my opinion and I’m a bit ‘jaded’ lately.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I can definitely see where you’re coming from and I’m sure it’s not a game I would pull out every week. But I love the theme and the idea of not knowing if your fellow crew-members are cooperating in fixing the systems or have their own secret agenda just appeals to me. But I’m not going all in on this one. If I really like it, I can always pick up the expansions later on.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Sorry about the font, I obviously need to do a bit more CSS styling behind the scenes.

Yep, I backed Nemesis. Can’t resist the Alien feel, and they did an escellent job with This War of Mine.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Well, I went in for just the Core-box + stretchgoals. Was debating about getting the terrain-expansion, but shipping wasn’t exactly cheap and with me backing Pacific Rim: Extinction and the Street Fighter Miniatures Game as well, I figured I’d better see if I actually liked the game first.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I threw in the terrain expansion. After the Joan of Arc shipping agony, this seemed positively cheap. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 13 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.