Home Forums The Kitchen Nemesis…

This topic contains 31 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Great stuff, really glad to hear it. I have to wait until they ship everything, unfortunately! I backed their new one, Tainted Grail, too.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

That is good to hear…my lokal version will take a few months longer…but to know they hit it again is good news indeed.

@UH I backed the new one too…looks really good…then canceled…I REALLY want to tone down my gaming budged with so many untouched stuff waiting here already 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I know, the unpainted minis backlog is getting ridiculous …

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Yeah, I decided to back Tainted Grail as well. I was a little worried about the replayability, seeing as it has a strong choose-your=own-adventure element, but after doing a bit more research I don’t think you’ll be running out of things to do in the game anytime soon. Plus, the artwork and the miniatures look great and I’m quite taken with how the whole system works.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yes. Great game. Very cinematic. Both solo games I played, played out very differently.

I like the fact that the story emerges from the gameplay and isn’t reliant on teams of text in cards or a book (although there’s nothing wrong with that either) 🙂

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Exactly. For example, I played a game with my son today, where his objective was to destroy the nest. I guess the Queen got wind of that, because he had to make a noise-roll and the random encounter he drew was big-mama-Intruder, which he subsequently blew away with his Assault-Rifle (Ripley, eat your heart out).

CK Lai
    Participant

Ha. Same thing happened to my Scout. She had to get an egg back to Earth … but Big Mama came roaring after her. The Scout’s piddly gun couldn’t hurt her, but the Mechanic’s one did! After 2 rounds of combat, Big Mama ran off to lick her wounds while the 2 struggled to repair the Escape Pod hatches and Escape Pod room malfunction. To cap things off… the scout got infected with a Larva that she had to get rid of before escaping. So while the Mechanic frantically repaired, she searched for stuff to use … and was finally able to craft an antidote. Just in time!

BTW… to take a page from our esteemed leader’s book… a game play aid (but not a rules summary) is now available on BGG for your gaming pleasure 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

This is really sounding like a great game, I’m looking forward to it. I’m with you guys, I really enjoy a game which forms stories through to the mechanics, not with fluff text.

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.