Home Forums The Kitchen New Alkemy Blitz KS

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

To fund the 2 player starter for retail…and more if possible…there is a new KS for Alkemy Blitz

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/909359300/alkemy-blitz-starter-box/description

Its funded…and the starter looks quite nice…but I really like the old Khaliman minis ๐Ÿ™‚

(edited because video was not shown properly)

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Did not know that there would be the video displayed instead of an url…wow ๐Ÿ™‚

8th
    Participant

If you edit the url and start at www instead of http then you’ll get the link instead of video.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hereโ€™s the link: Alchemy Blitz.

8th
    Participant

Didn’t someone from Alchemy keep pushing this game a while back? Using the forums for a sales pitch?

And that video does not draw me in… just a bloke talking with a few images.

Plus the miniatures don’t really appeal to me, but that may just be me.

Which is good… as I have bucket load of miniatures headed my way over the next six months or so…. several kickstarters and some retail purchases…

Must stop buying… willpower required…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yes, he was advertising new releases here on the forum for a bit โ€“ understandable because we were discussing it here โ€“ but I prefer people donโ€™t use this forum for advertising, so I asked him not to.

CK Lai
    Participant

The actual game play is pretty fun as there’s an element of bluffing involved in combat where each players choses a combat mode … kind of Rock Paper Scissors that may or may not give you an advantage even as the defender. Pretty interesting.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@The8thPagan Thanks…did not know this ๐Ÿ™‚ For the KS…this is a REAL KS…and it shows. Its not that polished publisher pre-sale KS Cmon and others do. Alkemy has been kept alive by some fans buying the remains and trying to keep it alive. Now they try to get it back in retail…and need funding for the packaging to do so. So the presentation is a bit so-so. But I think the painted minis of the Starter look really good. And for 14 minis with map,terrain,rules,scenrios,dice ect the price is reasonable. I am tempted…although I too have tons of other stuff already…I kinda find it charming ๐Ÿ™‚

@UH Thanks for the link! Over my surprise of the video I forgot to get that out properly ๐Ÿ™‚

@CK Lai Did you not cover the game on your site? Was that you? I have saved it somewhere but canยดt find it anymore…could you post a link again…thx!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I still have a Khaliman (cat people) starter set lying around here somewhere. Loved it for the miniatures (though never got around to painting them), but never played the game itself.

CK Lai
    Participant

@ Soulsorceror : my review is on the BGG Alkemy page … although I should move it to my blog as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.