Home Forums The Gaming Room New Arkham Horror: The Card Game LCG

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I was hoping this would be the spiritual successor to the Call of Cthulhu Card Game – instead it’s yet another co-op. What happened to the good old clash of wills in gaming? I’m fed up with co-op games; I find them very unsatisfying. I don’t want to beat a game, I want to beat my opponent!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/2/enter-the-mythos/

8th
    Participant

Saw this. Still collecting LOTR LCG and not got room or budget for another.

Just sold my Star Wars LCG.

CK Lai
    Participant

Co-op games are great for solo play 😀

But I hear ya, UH.

razide
    Participant

Hmmm – FFG appears to be in the grip of a resurgence of Mythos games lately. I suppose I’ll have to give this one ago too.
    My Call of Cthulhu Card Game LLG is languishing in its box with a few expansions….sleeping and not even dreaming.

I wonder if we’ll see some sort of Delta Green game in the future ?

8th
    Participant

Damn!!! Been watching a demo of Arkham Horror card game online…

I like it. I want it. Buy in 4th quarter 2016 I guess.

8th
    Participant

I’m not surprised to find out that Askham Horror card has the same release plan as the other FFG LCG… Deluxe then six monthly ‘Mythos’ decks.

But that’s another massive investment and I haven’t played most of the deluxe/saga expansions for LOTR LCG.

CK Lai
    Participant

Heh. I think my wallet runs the other way every time I see the letters “LCG” or “CCG” 😀

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m not that interested in cooperative card games. I may try the base set but it’ll have to be pretty amazing for me to go further.

A lot of people are annoyed that the Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game is getting the flick without any expansions.

8th
    Participant

Understandable. If FFG lost cthulhu they’d be in trouble. Ditto with Star Wars.

8th
    Participant

Had a chance to play Arkham Horror Card Game a few times now and I do like it… feels a bit like an RPG… however…

I don’t plan on buying any expansions.

The core set has 2 scenarios which does limit it, but a full campaign is a deluxe box (2 scenarios) plus six monthly packs (1 scenario each). So I’m looking at £70+ for campaign (and there will be many).

When you’ve played through the scenario once, you lose a little interest, and by the time you have revealed all the endings (3 in first scenario) the mystery is over.

Playing through it different characters adds some replay value, but not enough to justify that level of expense in my opinion.

Maybe when I win the lottery…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.