Home Forums The Gaming Room New Conan Game on Kickstarter

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bearpaw Bearpaw 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 18 total)
  • Author

briscoe999
    Participant

I am pretty excited about the new Conan game on kickstarter right now. The game was funded in 4 minutes!! As of this writing, it is almost at $350K and has achieved quite a few stretch goals already.
    (including additional minis, alternate scult minis, etc.).

I am going to be backing the deluxe version…..which is fairly pricey – but it does seem like you will be getting alot for your $.

I’ve always been a big Conan fan (I read most of the Marvel Conan Comics as a kid as well as a good amount of the Savage Sword of Conan b&w comic magazine).

Looking forward to further stretch goals/goodies being achieved for this one!!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yep, I’ve backed the deluxe version. Hold on, didn’t I say something about having a break from buying miniatures games? Oh well, that didn’t last long …

briscoe999
    Participant

Hello UH – I know you have Dust Tactics figure minis….but I am not sure if you have Journey: Wrath of Demons minis or The Others minis. But Monolith is saying the plastic pvc quality will be very similar to all (3) of those games minis.

From what you know – would you say that quality is “high” – as it would be a shame with all those amazing Conan mini sculpts they are coming out with that the minis suffer from low quality.

It Looks like the KS will hit One Million today with 20 days to go!!!!

I think its pretty cool that it hits a million on Robert E Howards birthday….they couldnt plan that better!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yes, there is a Beasts of War interview in which one of the producers promises the minis will be as good. I’ve backed Journey and I’m really looking forward to it, the minis look incredible. Hope the game itself is good too …

I didn’t think The Others had been released yet?

Happy birthday Robert E!

briscoe999
    Participant

I didn’t realize the the Others and Journey have not been released yet. I just saw another video about this Conan game showing a typical turn….and i have to say i really like the mechanics for both the heros and the overlord. The prototype samples of the minis used in the video were FANTASTIC (although it was confirmed the samples were resin and not the pvc material that will be used in the actual game). I understand resin really brings out the details in a mini (although it is usually more fragile than pvc – so i think pvc is the better choice).

I am a little surprised that there is not a little more chatter here about this game, as the Conan KS is really doing well at the moment funding over 1.1 million – and still only about halfway through the funding period. I am getting more and more excited about this game; and with the steady amount of stretch goals being achieved it looks like you are getting alot of bang for your buck!!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The amount of stretch goals extras is really impressive; I’m glad I backed it. I also like the idea that the hero turns are free-flowing, so you can blend the moves and attacks of the players for the best tactics.

ozmo
    ozmo
    Participant

I’m in for this one as well. Backed it fairly early. I’ll have to revisit add-ons and maybe pare down to just the exclusives. But I am usually an “all in” type of guy. Pricey to go all in on this one but it does look worth it.

briscoe999
    Participant

For all who are interested…..the Conan Kickstarter is ending tomorrow! If this game is as good as it looks in the videos (the miniatures themselves look fantastic; and you get ALOT of them) – it is shaping up up to be a really good value with all the stretch goals (especially for the Barbarian pledge). As of this post, the KS is almost at 2.5 million!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It is pretty amazing value. Here’s the link.

ozmo
    ozmo
    Participant

I ended up backing at the King level with the KS exclusives. While I wanted everything else I had to apply reason at some point. 🙂 Hopefully everything I didn’t add in will show up at retail.

I also blame a recent, growing obsession with X-Wing as part of my budgeting decision.

briscoe999
    Participant

I got the King Pledge, the Barbarian Pledge (for the second set of stretch goals), all the KS Exclusives (except the tiger) and an extra set of Black Dragons……$312 (not sure yet what excuse to give the wife when this box arrives!!)

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Wow. I got the King pledge, but I’m still deciding whether to get any of the expansions or add ons …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.