Home Forums The Gaming Room New XCOM board game, thoughts?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sgt_Merrick Sgt_Merrick 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sgt_Merrick
    Sgt_Merrick
    Participant

Well known among my friends is when I play XCOM Enemy Within they wont be seeing me for a while especially with long war, I’m gone, of the radar, hermit in a cave kind of dedication. So I’m excited for Fantasy Flight’s interpretation of XCOM. Saving the world from aliens with your buddies working against the iPad clock mechanic they are incorporating into the game. So as the topic title suggests, thoughts?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yep, looks pretty good, but I’ll be waiting for the reviews before buying. The app integration could go either way – revolutionary and interesting, or obtrusive and annoying. We’ll see!

brianparker
    brianparker
    Participant

I’m holding off as well. As a great fan of the original Micropose X-com PC game and also pretty pleased with the recent one on ipad and macs I’ll wait and see. As UH said that ipad integration could go either way. FF are a great games company but it’s early days still for this sort of thing.

Cheers,
    Brian

Sgt_Merrick
    Sgt_Merrick
    Participant

Valid points on all parts, I agree about the integration of the iPad could go well could be an utter disaster only time will tell.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m certainly open to seeing what it can bring to the experience, but I must admit one of the great pleasures about tabletop games, to me, is the utter lack of technology. Makes me sound like an old fart I know, but since technology is part of almost every other aspect of my life, I enjoy having a hobby that doesn’t need it.

Sgt_Merrick
    Sgt_Merrick
    Participant

True, I know where you are coming from. Well we’ll just have to wait and how it works out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.