Home Forums The Gaming Room Nightvault

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

OK, I caved in and bought Nightvault. 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Ha…with deck building included…that will be interesting 😉

Kvamzi
    Kvamzi
    Participant

Good tidings! Hopefully we’ll see an excellent rules summary for this game soon 😉

Good thing is also that you also can use those warbands in AoS.

I have been painting the Ironskull’s Boyz with the wet palette from RedgrassGames, and do look forward to paint the Nighthaunts as well.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

Well now you need Shadespire! It is the same game but Nightvault added spells. I cant wait for a summary! I have been a huge fan of Shadespire since release. It is great fun.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

By the way, I am currently painting the Ironskullz as well. I would love to see how yours turn out. I am sure they will be 30 times better than mine, lol.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

So Dustin, why do I need Shadespire now? I’d be better off just buying more warbands if I wanted to expand wouldn’t I?

Yes Kvamzi, I can use the models in AoS which was definitely a plus.:)

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Not sure if the “you can use models you have” thing works well in Underworld…because you miss the cards. Or do you have the option to get them separately? Or are the cards in the base set enough so that you can play other bands?

Kvamzi
    Kvamzi
    Participant

@Dustin: Not sure about that, but I can post some pics when finished 🙂

@soulsorcerer: I’m not sure what you mean, but Underworlds warbands can be used in Age of Sigmar (not the other way around) with Warscrolls that can be downloaded from GW.

I’ve read that the Shadespire Core Set will be discontinued and the Warbands and Map in that set will be or is released as expansions.

Underworlds is the only GW game that I own, and I like their approach to using minis from one game in another game. Have they done this with other games also? Is there any other game publishers who have done the same?

And since Underworlds is a gateway game into the AoS it has made be curious about that game too, and after watching the battle report here on the EOG it also seems like a fun game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s what I meant – use the Nightvault figures in AoS. 🙂
    Hmmm, may have to grab Shadespire then …

GW sometimes re-use figures; there was one a little while back that I can’t recall that re-used the chaos cultists from Assassinorum: Execution Force.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@Kvamzi and @UH Ups…my fault…I had it backwards…using AoS minis in Underworld…never mind! 😉

Just read that they released the 2 teams from Shadespire separately and with some extra cards…that you could also get separate if you already have Shadespire. Nice move!

I think nearly all of their “Boxed-Games” are intros to the two big games AoS and 40K. They also tie in new releases for the big ones into a game…often with a huge discount…like the 2 Knights in “Renegade” for 40K….or he upcoming “Speed Freaks”

Universal Head
    Keymaster

🙂

Then again, if I buy the box I get the other two boards don’t I … hmmm … argh, haven’t even played yet and already it’ll be costing me $200! 😉

I wonder when Speed Freaks will pop up?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ha! Just got Shadespire for $15 off – they must have thought it was rendered obsolete by Nightvault …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.