Home Forums The Gaming Room Not good if you're part of Rest of the World…

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Soda Suck Miniatures are being lousy to the rest of the world.

Their Rail Raiders Infinite game has arrived in the US for shipping to backers and no doubt Gen Con, but the ships have not left China if you are a Europe or Rest of World backer.

They promise not to sell at retail until ‘majority of backers’ have received the game, but as majority are in america, I expect that means they will be selling immediately.

I have been backing more UK and Europe based games and I think that is the way forward for me.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Sounds like par for the course for most Kickstarters really – take Shadows of Brimstone for example (though apparently they’re reversing the order of shipping for stretch goals because of the complaints last time.

I must admit however, publishers can’t afford to miss GenCon, they have to have some product there to sell and promote to survive.

8th
    Participant

Comments section on Rail Raiders has got very hostile towards creators.

They responded by asking for an apology from someone that swore (a rather mild swear word related to excrement) at them after reading their last update.

They’re lucky it was such a mild swear word and only one person. The first words that came to my mind were somewhat more graphic…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I read some of the comments, and you really have to shake your head at this kind of thing. A publisher goes to all the trouble of designing and producing games, then they put someone with zero client communication skills in charge of communicating difficult and potentially alienating information to backers – thus damaging the reputation of the entire company.

It’s like a company spending years on a game and then not getting someone professional to write the rulebook.

CK Lai
    Participant

You’d be surprised at how many companies do just that.

The Kickstarter format exposes the limitations of the companies.

8th
    Participant

I wonder if the process of assigning someone customer service goes like this…

“Well… he can’t sculpt, he can’t design games, he’s terrible at making coffee, but he’s married to the bosses sister…. better put him in customer services. What harm can he do chatting to backers?”

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Spot on! 🙂

8th
    Participant

And the bad publicity continues….

americans are receiving Rail Raiders and the comments section now filled with people reporting stuff missing from their order.

And I’ve requested a refund several times over the last two weeks and they’re still ignoring my emails… not a single reply.

Worst company ever…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Dear oh dear, another company’s rep ruined by Kickstarter. I’ve noticed that most gamers seem to have pretty short memories however!

8th
    Participant

Would you trust Flying Frog again after the ‘Brimstone incident’?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I may buy one of their games at retail, but I wouldn’t back a Kickstarter campaign of theirs again.

CK Lai
    Participant

I’m so glad I got a refund for SDE : Legends. Nearly 2 years late (come Dec 2017) and with zero info regarding time frame for completion or even production of Wave 1.

My friend is now asking for a refund and SPM are ignoring him. I said let’s see what happens after GenCon…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.