Forums The Kitchen Overturn Rising Sands

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  The8thPagan 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The8thPagan
    Participant

Another miniature game on kickstarter, but it sets my spider sense tingling.

Several typos on the page (including Dragon as Dargon several times) which does not inspire confidence…

But my real concern is the amount of stuff in the box as there’s a lot of cardboard and plastic… and for what they are asking as first time producers of a game, it seems optimistic.

Not suggesting it’s a scam, but delivering what they promise may be impossible.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1412544049/overturn-rising-sands/description

CK Lai
    Participant

Agreed. However, note the lower priced pledge only provides paper (cardbaord?) terrain, and it’s the higher pledge that actually gives you plastic terrain. But yes, spider senses tingling indeed.

The8thPagan
    Participant

Just checked back in on Overturn… some backers are getting concerned about the lack of feedback from creators and lack of promised rules.

I think my spider sense was right… staying clear of this one.

If something looks too good to be true… it probably is.

I got the same feeling about Zero Agents back in 2015 and that project never delivered… not been update in 20 months.

Rail Raiders Infinite had be worried, but not until it was too late. Luckily I got my money back.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

This is rapidly becoming apparent as a scam. Just in case anyone here is still backing this, you’d better pull out before the campaign finishes. Read here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2024890/cmon-gate-overturn-rising-sands

The8thPagan
    Participant

So my spider sense was right…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The8thPagan
    Participant

I had concerns when I saw it.

Final 48 hrs now and that’s when a lot of people upgrade from $1 to full pledge. If they don’t read comments section, they are going to be sorry when nothing gets delivered.

Kickstarter should have suspended this by now. They stopped Elite Dangerous RPG in its tracks until a copyright issue was resolved.

Edit… closing in on final 24 hrs and still 300% funded.

Apparently, if you drop out in last 24 hours and that would mean project does not fund, ks lock the pledge and don’t cancel it.

The8thPagan
    Participant

And now it’s suspended.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.