Home Forums The Workshop Painted minis – Descent 2nd Edition

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bremic Bremic 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    GrandpaBob
    GrandpaBob
    Participant

5/8 of the base miniatures from Descent 2nd Edition painted by Pyramid Paint Studios. You might notice several differences from the concept artwork on a few of the models. I really like how the eyes came out.
    Painted base miniatures for Descent

Jain Fairwood
    Out here in the wilds, I protect those who have misjudged me.

After her entire party was slaughtered, she found herself trapped deep within the Crimson Forest and hunted by the Uthuk. After six months she managed to escape to civilization only to be branded a deserter. And so she turned about and vanished into the forest. Pretty dark past there. Since she’s no longer with the order, changed her cloak to a crimson red, and the green suits her better for hiding in the forest. A metal chest plate for added protection. Switched from a red head to a blonde to compliment her new colors.

Syndrael
    You swear undying loyalty, yet you are mortal. What can you know of commitment?

Syndrael is no longer a blond, the eyes instead of being narrow, are wide and focused on something above, probably at the maw of a shadow dragon. Maybe Syndrael is a he-elf now.

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

Wow. I am about to start working on decent mini’s as my first painting projects; though I might do a set or two of Cosmic Encounter ships first to do something easier.

I am never going to be able to get this level of detail, but they are inspirational.

GrandpaBob
    GrandpaBob
    Participant

Avric Albright

Avric Albright

I pledge myself to those in need. I will be their shield, their light in the darkness.

Always the Goody Two-Shoes of the party. Stayed pretty close to the original art on this one, but with more gold trim and less silver. I like the dark swirls on the shoulder armor (particularly the back).

GrandpaBob
    GrandpaBob
    Participant

Tomble Burrowell

Tomble Burrowell

Don’t think of this as you being robbed. Instead, think of it as you donating to a worthy cause.

Done by the book.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Your Tomble is my favorite. Excellent work.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Excellent stuff!

Tangram11
    Tangram11
    Participant

Hmm. Not seeing images in the posts.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Possibly something at your end Tangram? I think everyone else has …

Tangram11
    Tangram11
    Participant

Yes, quite possible my end. They show up ok in a desktop browser.

Just not showing up in either Chrome or native “Internet” browser on Android tablet, even after “Request Desktop Site.”

I’ll poke around more.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Let me know if you come across any technical problems I can fix.

Tangram11
    Tangram11
    Participant

Figured my image problem out – it’s my end.

The image hosting site being used for the images, postimg.org, is being blocked by my home network router due to it having filters on it to protect the kids. i.e. postimg.org is blacklisted by OpenDNS in one of their filter categories.

It’s not a problem on my personal PC because I use different DNS settings.

Cheers.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know Tangram11.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.