Home Forums The Workshop Painting Mansions of Madness: second edition

Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Talos63Talos63
    Participant

It’s been confirmed that the investigators in the expansion sets (which are the ones that came with 1e, are the same figures, but they are cast in one PVC piece (base and all), the same as the 2e base set. I assume that’s because they are cheaper to produce than mounting them on the styrene disc as they were in 1e and the premium miniatures range.

Some of the investigators that had been made for the premium range have a completely new figure in the 2e box. The Urchin (I’ve forgotten her name) is a totally new, and much better figure than the photo of the premium figure on FFGs website. The paint jobs didn’t do those figures any favours either.

The monster bases have been retooled as well. The slots are too narrow in the smallest size and the hooks are too big to hold the identifier tokens firmly. Why they changed them from 1e baffles me as the original bases were perfect…

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Thanks for that intel, Talos. 🙂 Not regretting my decision at all. Happy to have the originals.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Finished my Cultists today. I used Craftics #33 acrylic cement to attach the minis to the bases today. Holy crap, is that stuff annoying to work with? It’s stingy like hot glue, and clogs in the nozzle very easily. Instructions say about 24 hours to cure completely, so I’ll check the bond tomorrow. Overall I’m happy with these guys. And absolutely not regretting the decision to re-base.

Cultists

Keymaster

Check out those 80s cricketer soup strainers!

Great work. You’re making those crappy minis look as good as they possibly could.

Talos63Talos63
    Participant

Lol-ing at your 80s cricketer reference! I thought the same thing when I painted my 1e cultists.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Update on the acrylic cement. It’s good. Passed my drop test and feels very firm to the “bend and pull” test.

Still a bitch to work with, but that’ll improve with time and practice.

Participant

Talos63 – most of mine went in ok. A couple of the figures required a bit of cutting off the pointy ends of the pins on their legs to allow the chits to be inserted.

Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.