Home Forums The Artist’s Studio Painting Runewars – The Miniatures Game

This topic contains 36 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Grifter Grifter 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’m moving this over to the Workshop from the Games forum to separate my painting posts from the game discussion. I’ve completed a few more Runewars miniatures over the last weeks.

Ankaur Maro the second hero of the Undead
    Daqan banner bearer
    Daqan Champion
    Daqan Trumpeter
    Daqan Wizard
    A differently-colored carrion worm

EDIT: This nomadic thread now moved to the brand new Artist’s Studio.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Wow, excellent stuff Ralf! They look great!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Thank you! Are you currently painting anything? To spend the cold, dark New Zealand winter months. 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It is damn cold here at the moment! Yes, I’m slowly working my way through my backlog of Wrath of Kings miniatures, which I would love to finish, but it’s a long project. It took me about 2 evenings and a Sunday to do an 18-strong unit last week, so I’m trying to push through a similarly sized group each week, though it takes effort!

I have a very large backlog of based, primed and magnetized figures all waiting to be painted. 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Tell me about it, the backlog of Runewars minis here is not exactly shrinking, not to mention all the beautiful Otherworld stuff. 😛 I’m looking forward to seeing your WoK minis when you get around to posting some pics!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Here are the Teknes union workers I just finished (open the image in a new window to see larger).

Teknes

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Nasty-looking piggies! Very nice. 😀

8th
    Participant

BACON!!!!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Looking great…both of you 🙂 One Day I will join the painting side of the hobby…one day..

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’m continuing with the first hero expansion for the Daqan Humans and another mini for Peter to despise. 😉 Lord Hawthorne (recurring Terrinoth character who has also been in Descent and Runebound).

I have a very ambivalent relationship with this miniature. On the one hand his proportions are really weird (he looks more like an overgrown dwarf than a human) and he’s so comic-like he could be straight from an Asterix & Obelix book. On the other, his got a great energy (no flowing cape either, yay!) and both the horse and his armor are awesome. In any case, he was fun to paint and is a great addition to the Daqan army.
    Lord Hawthorne mounted
    Lord Hawthorne on foot

Universal Head
    Keymaster

He is very stocky! Nice one!

Despise is far too harsh a word – they’re just not my style, is all. 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Continuing my attempts to customize my second set of Runewars starter minis, I’ve re-arranged a sword arm on this rune golem and gave him a hefty rock to throw. I do like my first color scheme a little better, but this one came out alright as well.
    Rune Golem No 2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.