Home Forums The Artist’s Studio Painting Runewars – The Miniatures Game

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Uthoroc Uthoroc 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Like the conversion a lot. The “stonecolor” is nice….but the glow comes better to “life” with the other colour match. Still like both a lot…wish to be that good at painting minis 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Stop wishing and start practicing Soulsorcer – that’s all it takes! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Yeah…you got me there UH…bite the bullet and just get going…I will get there…promis 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Now’s the time, with the encouragement and advice of the excellent people here on this forum. 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Oh…and to be clear…if it goes horribly wrong…like the last time I tried (back with W40K 2nd starter box)…I will whine for an eternity on here and blame you…you have been warned!!! ;-P

The8thPagan
    Participant

I’m not a great miniature painter, but it makes such a difference on the tabletop.

Remember… you’re painting something that will be at least an arms length from you, so try not to be too OCD with detail. It’s gaming… not art!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Absolutely true!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Well…there lies the most importent point that has kept me from trying again…I am not really the type who goes…this does not look good…but its better than nothing. When I start to do something like painting…it has to look good…or I will not bother at all. And to get there I will have to invest lots of time…which is always a problem. And if I do it “half right” I will be very dissatisfied and it will constantly annoy me….much more than unpainted stuff 🙁

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’m not sure why all my images in the previous posts are gone? I didn’t move the sources or anything. *shrugs* Oh well, here’s a new image of some of the recently released elves, the Deepwood Archers. I painted them in an Indian Summer scheme.

Deepwood Archers
    Autumn Bases

EDIT: It seems a general problem, that the forum software does not display external images? The post content seems okay when I edit it, but the images simply do not show up?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Bloody spam plugins are too aggressive. Will try to track down the problem, though the programmer I was using just did a runner on me, the bastard!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@uthoroc Looking forward to see those!

Regarding the game..how is it going in your region? My 3 stores that are around have sold 1 Basegame copy combined…and now I could get in for 59 Euro…its tempting because I like the X-wing like taktical aspect. The minis seem ok. The bases a bit annoying (any work around from you or does it go smoothly after some time?) What are your thoughts on the game atm…and maybe those of the people you play with…maybe that will tell me if I should go for it. Essen is at the door…mybe some bargains there too.

And a game mechanic question…do you know if the expansions of the units that are in the base box have other cards in them? So it would be better to get the base box and the same unit expansions…or is that neglectable? Thx in advance! 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

There’s not much going on locally here (but since I’m living fairly rural, it is a small tabletop scene. I’ve got one friend, who is collecting as well and another who likes to play. Nobody else at the local store has bought into it.

But overall it seems to get a little traction in Germany. A few more tournaments are being planned and they get more interest now. If I drive an our to 90 minutes I can reach a two or three localities where there is more interest and tournaments are being planned (and I will participate in those), so I’m hopeful for the long-term.

Working with the trays goes pretty smoothly after a little while. It helps that due to the squaring up you can usually just remove a unit from the table, remove the trays and put it right back next to its opponent with a minimum of fuss.

I’ve played about two dozen games now, and I still love the mechanics, the feel and the look of the game. I’m playtesting stuff (can’t tell anything about it, sorry) and that keeps me excited.

And of course the expansions contain their own cards! It’s an FFG game, what did you think? 😉 At least you don’t have to buy out-of-faction units to get upgrades you want – all neutral upgrades are available via your own faction. You an check which cards the expansions contain on the Runewars Wiki.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.