Home Forums The Kitchen Pandemonium

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Another of my kickstarters arrived today, Pandemonium.

I liked the idea of torso’s for miniatures instead of full figures… more detail.

Soft plastic and plenty of it in the box. One mini was missing a head and one hero absent. Can’t comment on customer service until they get back to me, but I’m hopeful.

Components are good enough quality. Map boards a bit thinner than some games, but not paper thin like others.

I’ll provide more feed back once I get chance to read the rules, study the cards (some small text on some of them) and get the game to the table (1 to 5 players).

But first impressions are good for a first time game from the company.

One more board game pending (Rail Raider Infinite), then a long wait until Mythic Battles (which I can’t see hitting a December target, not with the Monolith’s problems with Conan) which starts another batch of games off.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I must admit the lack of legs looks … weird to me. 🙂

Let us know how it plays.

I have no idea what I’m waiting on – I think the rest of the Shadows of Brimstone stuff is supposed to show up in the next month or so. I have some modular terrain which is late. Everything else is months down the track.

8th
    Participant

Still not had a chance to try it myself, but some negative comments on the KS page.

They’re doing an FAQ on BGG, but in a forum, not a PDF as far as I can see. Doesn’t help the creators are spanish and English is second language.

Possible I may have backed a turkey.

Seems my concerns with games written by non-English may have some validity…. which mean Sine Tempore and Human Interface: Be A Better Human may have been questionable.

Not tried This War of Mine yet, but I recall some issues with the rules from UH.

On the plus side, with the exception of Pandemonium, I can at least recycle the miniatures for RPG and/or skirmish proxies.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

This War of Mine is fantastic. The rules are unsuccessfully put together, but they’re relatively straightforward, and that hurdle over the game is a really interesting and compelling experience. I haven’t manage to survive yet though!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.