Home Forums The Gaming Room Return of the fabled Games in Storage

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  8th 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It has been talked about for years in hushed whispers.

It is said, that in the dark recesses of a storage facility somewhere outside of Sydney, there lies a king’s ransom in games. Packed carefully in bubble wrap and cardboard, their protective container nested among thousands of other nondescript containers, they lie fallow. Waiting, ever waiting, for a chance to once again be brought into the light.

That time is coming.

Soon.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Uhhhhhh…. 😀

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It is also said there’s a WotR Collector’s Edition in here. How I misses it! My Preciousssss!

8th
    Participant

One game collection to rule them all and in the darkness find them…

[apologies JRR for that]

CK Lai
    Participant

Hahaha! So THAT’S where your fabled game collection is stored. Had I known, I’d’ve made a midnight commando raid on the storage facilities to … er… “reconnoiter” when I was in Sydney last year 😀

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Sydney’s a big place, CK! 🙂

razide
    Participant

You’ll have some hard choices to make when the fabled games are unpacked and you need to choose between the newer versions you’ve bought since and the old sentimentals.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ll have second copies of Tales of the Arabian Nights, Age of Conan, Runewars and City of Thieves, but I can’t see myself ever bothering to play, for example, Fury of Dracula first or second editions again, or Descent first edition. Dreadfleet will very rarely get a look in with Man O War back on the table. Necromunda pretty much trounces Deadzone. Looking forward to Warmachine, AT-43, and Mordheim too, and I have more Dust figures. And there are countless boardgames I’ve missed playing.

Not to mention lots of old miniatures and terrain, and of course, WotR!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

THEY’RE BACK!!

Yep, I finally have my mitts on my entire game collection. It’s all stuffed into a storage space of course, but it’s accessible with some difficulty. I’ve already nabbed my War of the Ring Collector’s Edition, some old Games Workshop boxed games, and my AT-43 figures.

Ahh, it’s good to have my babies safe and home again. But gaming sure is a space-consuming hobby.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Any chance of a pic of this treasure trove? I imagine it similar to the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s pretty much what it looks like at the moment – big piles of packing boxes!

8th
    Participant

I’m looking into TARDIS technology. Need a room bigger on the inside to store everything and set stuff up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.