Home Forums The Workshop Rolling Dm storage

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

plantice
    Participant

Hello All,

I found this site by a quick google search on foamcore and loved the tutorial videos posted. I was wondering if anyone could help me with an idea I have been working on. I bought this rolling tool chest (sorry if links to amazon arent allowed) and wanted to line the bottom with foam inserts to put all my dnd/pathfinder books in. Problem is, I have no clue what materials to use or a vauge idea on how to do it. I was planning on using a layered approach and creating a layer at a time in some sort of foam than gluing it all together than gluing it all to the plastic (if needed). This way the books are safe during transport and easy to grab/store when not in use.

Using your foamcore videos, I think I am going to make some dividers for some minis.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

When you’re making foamcore inserts there are really three ways to go:

1. Find some plans online and follow them.
    2. Try to pre-plan your build in a 3D programme.
    3. Wing it.

I always take the third way, though it can sometimes lead to the occasional stuff-up. 🙂 I find that if I get a rough idea in my head and start building, it usually works out OK.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.