Home Forums The Gaming Room RPG Style Games…

This topic contains 38 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 4 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

Folklore has announced a bundle for the add-ons (with the exception of the wooden boxes).

$299 is a lot of money for an untried game, so I will be declining.

Also a video of combat and it does look a little slow, much like a tabletop RPG.

Not sure if that’s a good, or bad thing to be honest.

8th
    Participant

Two more RPG-ish games to mention.

Blackout: Journey Into Darkness (is that a colon is see before me?) has made it’s third appearance on kickstarter. First was a failure. Second was cut short by creator, despite making the funding to ‘refine the the game’.

I did like the look of it, but the shipping to the UK was $50 on a $100 game at the time which I thought was ridiculous. More reasonable $20 now. I’m watching it, but not back yet.

The other is Sword and Sorcery which has a day one discount and has already funded.

Reminds me a lot of Castle Ravenloft and Descent. Has more potential levels than Ravenloft (7 instead of 2) and two class options for each character, but not as thematic as Folklore.

I tried pasting the links for both, but it inserts the video instead when I cut/paste. If anyone knows how to link the page with the video popping up… please let me know… it’s bloody annoying.

8th
    Participant

Sorry about triple post, but couldn’t edit it after I figured out how to do it.

Sword and Sorcery
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sword-and-sorcery-epic-fantasy-co-op-board-and-min?ref=users

Blackout
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1336904045/blackout-journey-into-darkness-0?ref=users

Perhaps the Universal Head can edit three posts into one and save you the repetition.

CK Lai
    Participant

I backed Blackout during one of its earlier incarnations, but decided against it this time round, because…

How many dungeon crawlers do I need?

Ditto Sword & Sorcery: I’ve already got Myth, Descent 2E (although I might sell it off) and the coming very soon Dungeon Saga. Crazy!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I have no idea why Sword & Sorcery (wow, isn’t that name copyrighted by now?) is doing so well – it just looks like yet another Descent clone to me, and I’m not particularly impressed by the minis or graphic design. Funny how this and Folklore have both come up with that dead-character-becomes-a-ghost idea at the same time.

I think I’m getting burned out on these types of games! There’s only so many you can have that are so similar, and there’s certainly not room for yet another generic fantasy one.

8th
    Participant

If I recall, there was (a very long time ago, in the days of 8bit computers) a computer RPG called Swords & Sorcery.

I know what you mean about the board game though, it does look very generic.

Folklore is at least a bit different and seems to have strong RPG elements. Could be run as an RPG actually, with a GM.

So could Shadows of Brimstone and I did toy with the idea of running a campaign with that, as I’ve never found a Wild West RPG I liked.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I think one of the reasons that S&S started so well is that Galaxy Defenders has a solid fan base and a good reputation.

I have a strict KS moratorium at the oment (last one was Mare Nostrum shared with a friend), but probably wouldn’t have backed S&S myself anyway, because I’m not a big fan of the artwork. Still, Ares has a big place in my heart for War of the Ring and Age of Conan, and I hope the game does well.

8th
    Participant

Folklore in final 31 hours. Lots has been unlocked and although I’m tempted by the Premier edition which has all the addons except for the wooden boxes, I think I will still decline.

Awful lot in base pledge and tripling my pledge for an untried game is asking a lot and hoping a lot will make it to retail eventually.

CK Lai
    Participant

New game on KS. Based on the Eden post-apo tabletop minis game:

8th
    Participant

CK… If you drop everything before www in the link when you paste it, you go to page rather than add the video. I found out by exterimentation.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th: thanks for the tip! Will do next time, since I’m no longer able to edit.

8th
    Participant

At 400k they revealed 4 stretch goals on Folklore with 25k intervals to take it to 500kk. They’re at 459k with 3h20 to go.

Honestly don’t care if they get any further. Happy with what has been unlocked.

Z-war still stuck at 30k. Has 2 weeks to go and may get a boost once Folklore ends. I hope it does. Not because I want more unlocks, but as a first project, I have concerns about fulfillment if they get the sums wrong and find themselves with insufficient funds.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.