Home Forums The Storage Room Runewars Banners of War insert

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by MarcellusWallace MarcellusWallace 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

Right after i was done with my Runewars insert i started drawing up plans for the expansion (of course!) because i can’t be playing with a nice convenient base game and a fiddly plastic bag expansion! It took me a while, placing tokens and figuring out how to fit everything on my paper plans until i was satisfied with it. But after i got the plans done i just couldn’t get myself to do it. I even made a Wiz-War insert in the meantime. Somehow i managed to scrape up the strength to actually build it. As you will see the Faction tray part is a pain because the shapes are quite complex and have to be really accurate for everything to fit.

Of course i kept it in tradition of my original Runewars insert. So at the bottom there’s all the stuff you need for setup and then put back what you don’t need. And then there’s the faction and token layer with everything nicely separated so every faction can just take their tray and the one with the tokens is placed on the table. As with the other design, this saves a huge amount of time during setup to reduce the time it takes to get Runewars (and now with its expansion) to the table.

This is the bottom part with the map tiles and cards and everything. As you can see there is one unused card space. That’s the space for the development cards. I designed this one first before i decided to include those in the faction trays. Later on i didn’t see a reason and way to change this bottom layer. So now i’m going to use it to just split up some of the other cards.
    Runewars BoW bottom layer

This is the infamous top part. It turned out so complicated because i was foolish enough to actually include the development cards of each faction. As you can see there is a little bit of space between foamcore and the box. That’s because only when it was done i realized this must be some kind of thinner cardboard to have other inner dimensions than the new boxes (like Runewars Revised edition), since i used the same dimensions.
    Runewars BoW faction trays

I really tried to use up all the space provided. Overall this was a pain to make. But it’s a charm to have. There’s almost no sorting out and everything to be done to start a game and you’re good to go. Glad to have it.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s some hardcore foamcore. 🙂

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

I don’t know if i would do it again. Putting those development cards in the tray and then just handing them out at the beginning doesn’t seem as much of a hassle compared to creating those abominations. 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.