Home Forums The Gaming Room Scythe Kickstarter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CK Lai
    Participant

Ugh. This is doing serious damage to my vow to only back the Alkemy KS as my last Kickstarter for this year.

Is there more to this game than an Euro worker placement game with fancy minis?

(I have no willpower when it comes to games with minis…) 😛

razide
    Participant

I like the theme & the artwork by Jakub Rozalski which is reminiscent of Simon Stalenhag’s work.

The board seems a bit busy with lots of markers and tokens. You’d probably get used to them after a few games.

The videos seem to indicate play is Euro worker placement game style, which Mrs Razide does not like.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yeah… but look at the box art. So evocative.

And it’s a 4X game. Euro style.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Very tempting, but possibly too Euro for me. I didn’t like Terra Mystica, so I’m not excited by the comparisons with that.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yeah… looking at the gameplay video… lots of fiddly little bits.

OK, so it’s a 4X game. Conquer territory, gather resources, build factories, go forth and conquer. Very Euro-ish at heart.

I’m backing because of the money-back guarantee and the possibility of solo play… Love the theme and background but that’s what the heart says… the head says no, it’s not my usual type of game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.