Home Forums The Gaming Room Scythe

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The fantastic Jamey Stegmaier of Stonemaier Games made sure I got a new Scythe Collector’s Edition box top after mine was dented in transit due to poor packaging by the distributor. Amazing customer service – the guy really knows how to run a games publishing business and a Kickstarter campaign.

Beautiful game too, I’m really looking forward to playing it.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Let us know how it goes, I’ve been eyeing that game for a while.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Played for the first time last night and everyone really enjoyed it (4 player game). It has the usual Euro tropes of building a resource engine in a slightly solitaire kind of way, and the anticlimax of counting up victory points at the end to get the winner, which are the things I don’t like about that style of game. But it’s so well designed and beautiful, the theme is so strong, and the choices are so interesting that I can forgive it that. I wouldn’t want multiple games of this type in my collection, but I reckon this is the one perfect example of the style that I am very glad I have, so I don’t have to get any others!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Thanks and great to hear! Will make a nice addition to my Christmas wish list. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I tried to make a foamcore insert for the game yesterday, and for the first time ever I completely ran out of room and had to leave it unfinished. Curses! I’ll have to wait for the expansion box so I can get more space. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.