Home Forums The Workshop Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients painted minis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  razide 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

It almost took me as long as it took to paint the minis to finally make photos of them all. But here they are, quick and dirty (The photos that is, i put less effort into them this time).

Like last time, i tried something new with every miniature, but i wont go into much detail so you don’t spend too much time reading 😉

First the Heroes. With these i wanted to speed up. Be really quick and have a clear color scheme for each of them as well as the whole group. Starting with the Bandido
    Bandido

The US Marshal
    US Marshal

Saloon Girl
    Saloon Girl

And the Gunslinger
    Gunslinger

The whole bunch
    Heroes

Then we got the Void Spiders. Usually i prefer to stick to the artwork, but with these i decided to go crazy and try whatever i wanted to. Also made my first blending attempts (before the workshop i went to).
    Void Spider

Void Spider Group

I painted the other tentacles in a different color scheme, so these got the blues of the artwork.
    Tentacle

Also, with that solo one, i practiced the blending i learned during the WS, mainly to get it darker near the bottom. You can see the difference in the group photo, the fast painted one in the front, right left to it a little behind, the one more effort went into.
    Tentacle Group

The stranglers
    Strangler

Again on these i practices the learned techniques. The first one got nice smooth but slow blending (bluish purple, over deep purple to pink on the mouth; the photo doesn’t really do it justice though) and all the others were done with quick wet blending. To create the first one, which looks slightly better, took as long as wet blending all the other five figures together.
    Stranglers Group

The larger Night Terrors
    Night Terror

Night Terror Group

And the big Goliath. On this one i continued what i started to practice on the Stranglers. Finally being able to paint nice and thin strokes. And also there’s water on the base (but i wasn’t smart enough to take a photo from a better angle to show the result from this first try)
    Goliath

One last look.
    On Board

So that was it. I enjoyed painting these but not as much the other set. Overall i prefer Swamps of Death over this one (i mainly prefer the monster diversity there, here the artwork of all but the Goliath is blue). And also i began to dislike the poor detail of the minis more, the more figures i painted. So my main goal really wasn’t to paint them as good as possible, but as fast as possible while still practicing all kind of stuff.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Another excellent showcase!

Thanks for sharing.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Absolutely stunning work – I must start linking to these showcases from the front page, we’re seeing some top notch work here. Anyone object to me doing that?

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

Thanks a lot lads!

No objection from me.

CK Lai
    Participant

Very nice!

razide
    Participant

Good work the heroes came out really well. The browns can make it hard to give them individuality but your ones are nicely characterful.
    The larger Night Terrors are particularly effective too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.