Home Forums The Gaming Room Shelving for Games

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Uthoroc Uthoroc 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stewati
    Participant

Long time lurker, first time poster. Absolutely adore this site.

Anyway, I’m interested in what kind of shelving people recommend for their games. My shelves (cheap crap) are bowing noticeably from the weight of the games.

I really dig the shelves behind Peter in all his videos, so would love to know about those. Are they custom? IKEA? I suspect that the extra bracing provided by the “cubbyhole” design prevents the kind of warping of the shelf that I’m seeing. Any advice or recommendations?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Welcome!

They’re basic office shelves from a place called Warehouse Stationery here in New Zealand. But the unit is 3 wide by 4 high, so I cut units in half and attached them to the top so I had a unit 3 wide by 6 high. Three of those in a row and that’s my main wall. I haven’t appeared to have had any warping at all.

IKEA shelves are good too—eg the Kallax series. Though I used to use the similar series that the Kallax series superseded, so I can’t speak for their strength. I’m sure they’d be fine though—I think you’re right, the cube design stops warping as the shelf isn’t long enough to be affected.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’m using IVAR shelving from IKEA, noting fancy, but cheap and robust. No problem with warping despite the relatively long shelves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.