Home Forums The Reception Hall Site navigation question/feedback

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Teufelaffe
    Participant

Is there a particular reason that getting to foamcore plans/rules summaries from the articles about said plans/summary requires an extra level of navigation to get to the actual files? One would expect that clicking the big red “Get the <insert game name here> foamcore box insert plans/rules summary” button would take one to the plans/summary. Instead, it takes me to the game page for that game, where there’s another big red button to click to get to the actual plans/summary. It’s a bit confusing to new users on the site and seems to add an entirely unnecessary level of navigation. Perhaps there could be a separate link to the game page and the big red button that says it’s for the foamcore plans/rules summary could actually take you directly to said plans/summary?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hi Teufelaffe. This may seem an unnecessary extra step, but in fact there’s method to my madness. All the downloadable files on the EOG are constantly improved and updated, either when errors are brought to my attention by users, expansions are released, or I just think of a way to improve them. You can see all the current version numbers of everything here.

Since the version numbers keep changing, if I linked directly to a file from the article that announces that particular version, that direct link could quickly become obsolete. This way, any article that references a file always links to the game page and the most current version. And I don’t end up with a site full of obsolete lnks.

Hope this clear this up. Cheers!

Teufelaffe
    Participant

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

No worries!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.