Home Forums The Gaming Room So, what did you play most recently?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I had my son this weekend and even though we didn’t have a lot of time for gaming (went to see Avengers: Infinity War, which is fantastic), we did manage to squeeze in a couple of quick games of Raptor. Fun little 2-player game which has a surprising amount of depth and tactical choices.

Last weekend I had a long solo game of Eldritch Horror, one of my favourite games. The investigators went up against Nyarlathotep and even though I lost three of them and the Doom-track was down to one, I managed to solve the final Mystery before the Crawling Chaos awoke.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Raptor is great, I played it recently. Though I do find myself feeling very sorry for the poor dinosaurs!

I recently got in a 6 hour game of Eldritch Horror, which is the first time Iโ€™ve actually finished a game. We took our time, but it sure is a long game. Great fun though. Sounds like a very close one you played there.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

No gaming other then our garden or a playground with my 4 year old ๐Ÿ™‚

But my Legion Minis are comeing along for a game this saturday with a friend…so looking forward to that. And man do those speeder bikes have fiddly components…grrr! And I am hesitant to fix the AT-ST in one position but never tryed magnatising…so that might be a challenge ๐Ÿ™‚

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I played my very first Runewars tournament last Monday, getting in 3 awesome games. Lost two, won one and ended up last of nine. Oops, but it was still great fun! 😀

Then I got to try Terraforming Mars on Wednesday. Great game too, with fairly simple rules but high complexity through tons of different cards. At least I won that one! 😝

The8thPagan
    Participant

Boardgame… Widowers Wood. Not a bad game, but very reliant on luck. Failed first scenario twice because we didn’t random spawn the fourth villain before we ran out of time. 32 spawn rolls and we only got a 1 on d6 twice…

Last RPG I ran was West End Games Star Wars one shot for a bit of nostalgia. I still have 1st edition rules (and 2nd), but managed to pick up the Revised and Expanded 2nd edition on eBay.

Currently player in homebrew variant on Bushido… not my favourite system… but change to be a player.

Currently re-reading The One Ring rules which I plan to run in a month, or two…. Bree start this time, as we played in Mirkwood for over a year. Campaign floundered when new player joined… old and new characters did not mix well.

briscoe999
    Participant

I just played Battle of Five Armies a second time over the weekend…..what an AWESOME game!!

I also have been getting in a weekly spot of Memoir 44 with a friend after work during the week (we use the company conference room) ๐Ÿ™‚

I also have gotten back into playing Advanced Squad Leader once a week with my old group – that game is probably a little too “hardcore” for people here!!! But it is a fantastic “granular” WW2 tactical combat game that basically is a “miniatures” game replaced with detailed cardboard counters.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Heh, that’s a coincidence. My brother’s coming over on Saturday for a day of gaming and I’m actually debating between Memoir ’44 and Battle of Five Armies.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

ASL might not be to “hardcore”….but like our old “everything of Flames of War” games too space and time consuming then in the good old days ๐Ÿ™‚

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Had fun day of gaming with my brother yesterday. We played one scenario of Memoir ’44 twice, alternating sides. And then we played several games of Raptor en Onitama. Add to this some decidedly unhealthy food and several Belgian beers. It was a good day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Universal Head
    Keymaster

A perfect gaming day!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

My partner surprised me by offering to play my newest arrival, The Bloody Inn (sheโ€™s not a big gamer). Great little card game, love the theme and art, and despite saying she had a hard time picking up the rules, I only just beat her by a few francs!

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

You fool! Don’t you know never to let your partner lose on the first game?! Now she’ll never play it again! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously though, looks like a fun little game. Even though the art is not to my taste. I know, I know……..philistine. I’ll get my coat.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.