Home Forums The Gaming Room So, what did you play most recently?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I know, I know, but I can’t help myself. And I rarely find an opportunity to purposely fudge a turn, especially if I’m teaching.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Played two games of 878 Vikings – Invasion of England yesterday. Nice, but a bit light for my taste, at least for a 2-player game. With 4 (2 sides with 1 faction per player), it would probably be more beer & pretzels type fun.

878 Vikings

EDIT: Can’t you fix the external images not showing up on the forum? I really enjoy seeing the occasional board shot of a game or situation and find it annoying that I can’t post my own.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Finally managed to get Aristeia! to the table. It’s a (so they say) MOBA style arena combat game set in the same world as Infinity, the miniatures game. Definitely need to play it more to get the rules nailed down, but it was an enjoyable first try.
    Aristeia Picture

Been playing a lot of Kingdom Death: Monster lately. In fact, it’s currently occupying my dining room table, much to my wife’s enjoyment (true/not true?). High level….It’s Monster Hunter (the video game) with penises. LOL Seriously though, in the core game there’s only one penis, and it’s attached in the right place, very anatomically correct, on a lion, so not to tasteless. I know a lot of people here frown on its “less than high brow design choices,” but as I’ve said before, I dig that style, and the game itself is a really enjoyable RPG-ish romp through a brutal hell-scape, where every boon is met with ten ball breaking busts. Hunt monsters, kill them, skin them for resources, and return to camp to see if you can improve your settlement’s lot in life. Super fun, always humbling game play loop. I play it almost exclusively with my best friend Ricky.
    “Kingdom Death in my dining room” Picture

Also, Got to field my first Avatar list in a very one-sided game of Infinity Saturday night. I’ll spare you the details, because it’d probably be boring for non Infinity players. Let’s just say the Avatar is worth his points. OMG. 🙂

Edit: Yeah. . what’s up with images? I’m trying to share stuff linked from my Dropbox folder. Would really spice up my post. 😛

Edit 2: To be clear, I’m now just sharing links instead of embedding the image into the post like I’d like. The links work.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Just OT a bit, the level icons are a bit of a problem aren’t they? I thought it was a good idea at the time, but two stewards chatting next to each other get a bit confusing. Any suggestions?

Very impressive Kingdom Death setup you have there WS!

I’ll try and sort out this image thing. Must be something to do with security settings (the adjustment of which is like defusing an atmoic bomb).

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I agree completely re: the avatars.

I think different crests/badges for each rank would be cool. They’d obviously feature the EOG logo, but just in a less “samey” way.

What do ya think? I think a man of your skill could whip up something like that in no time. (said every non-artist to every artist, ever.)

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Test image post

AT43

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I don’t know WS. Not that I have a huge number of supporters, but they’d still be conflicts. I’m starting to think it was a misguided idea. Hardly anybody uses forums these days anyway, they’re all on social media.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Can’t get these damn image links to work. You’d think they’d be some useful advice somewhere about it wouldn’t you? Nup, nothing!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Perhaps you’re right.

What if…..like a lower third banner / badge that’s a transparent PNG, that savvy users with Gimp or Photoshop could overlay on top of their own pic? Too much work for sure, but just thinking out loud.

I wouldn’t blame you for dropping the idea. I’m happy to have it, but I agree, it does make seeing who’s who difficult.

The8thPagan
    Participant

I’m a bit old fashioned I’m afraid and don’t use social media… no farcebook or twittle….

The former seems to involve taking egotistical pictures of yourself next to something or someone and telling everyone what colour your excrement was that day.

The latter is trivial information shared with people youll never meet and probably wouldn’t want to.

So I still use forums… and I even talk to real people on the phone… not just text messages.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s probably why you’re one of the few people on these forums 8th! I agree, I also highly dislike Facebook and don’t have a personal page, but I have to use it to promote this site, and unfortunately many, many people prefer such things over forums.

I’m probably on Twitter for this site more than anything as it’s easy to get quick messages out.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’ve played around with my avatar a little … though I’m not sure you want people messing with your graphics like that. Let me know if not.

Don’t worry about the images too much … I’ll have to deal with my annoyance. 😀 You’re using a custom forum solution, right? That makes it hard to find any tech help.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.