Home Forums The Gaming Room So, what did you play most recently?

This topic contains 63 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ha! That’s great Ralf! Maybe I should just provide a layered Photoshop file for those who have the ability to manipulate it.

Trying to sort out the images thing, I’ve posted a query on the BBPress forum.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Btw, Facebook is not so bad if you keep to a few, specific community forums. Just stay away from the big pages and public discussions. There are also browser extensions out there that keep almost all of the usual FB junk off your pages (check out F.B.Purity). I’m a member of three or four nice and very friendly groups and it doesn’t feel much different from a forum – though for structured discussion a forum is still ways better.

And never, ever install the Android Facebook app. Ever. It sells your soul to Facebook and then some.

8th
    Participant

I don’t think of it as social media… more anti-social media. People seem to prefer to update their ‘status’ or rant about something with other people they don’t know.

It’s like calling World of Warcraft, or PS/Xbox gaming social gaming…

Social gaming is sitting around a table with friends and snacks while playing a board game/RPG.

Online gaming involves hurling abuse at people you don’t know in a bid to screw them over in some way. If people behaved like that at a games table there would be table flips every week.

I do despair at times… if there was an airborne nuke, setting of an EM pulse that shut down communications the ‘young uns’ would be more upset that they couldn’t update the status of their radiation sickness than they would about dying…. and when it came to lighting a fire they would have to ‘google it’…

actmoon
    Participant

first post here in Esoteric! have been a lurker for years.

I’d like to share that i managed to table Rise of Moloch & Twilight Imperium 4th edition over the last weekend.
    both games were great!

Rise of moloch definitely needs some sort of insert tho. i have no idea how i can arrange the tokens an decks in ziplock bags efficiently now.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

What Uthoroc did is exactly what I had in mind.

Except, perhaps instead of just a bar with “steward” on it, what about an opened parchment, or ribbon or something?

Awesome work, man. Love it.

And welcome tot he forum Edmund. 🙂 You’ve discovered our comfy, usually quiet, little corner of the internet. Good folks, who are always a pleasure to stop in and chat with about the stuff we all love.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

So…somehow my post about my first Legion game got swollowed up.

Had a small intro with vader and 2 stormtrooper units against luke and 2 rebeltrooper units. Was easy to learn and we had much fun. Second game was added a unit troopers on each side with speeders and an at-rt. Vader turned out to be a slow killing machine (helped by unbelivable good dice rolls by my friend…alonside bad rolls from me). Got stomped by him…but that was very cinematic and therefore still fun 🙂

First hobbying since forever for me…minis got together very nicely…troopers where better cast…rebels had more mould-lines…and with pvc they are not always easy to remove. But the models look great altogether….rules are good and went down easy in the second game. We had much fun and will play again. This weekend will see reinforcements with an airspeeder and at-st…witch looks awesome!!!

Maybe after getting back into hobbying I will finaly tackle painting minis….just maybe 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ll see what I can do about those icons. Welcome Edmund! Strange to think of someone lurking here for years – I’m glad you’ve joined in.

I’ve made a RoM insert but it’s not really my best – it’s a bit tricky with all those different boards. Still, some bits of it are good so I’ll at least put a photo of it somewhere. It does speed up setup time.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hey 8th, I understand where you’re coming from and I often find myself thinking the same way BUT – I think older people often underestimate the abilities of the young. My partner works with people a lot younger sometimes and she often tells me not to fall into the same old cliches of “get off my lawn” thinking, and reminds me that many are very intelligent, very aware, and very enthusiastic. They’ll develop their own relationship with the world, just as we did. Sometimes hard to remember when you’re over a certain age. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Glad to hear Legion is fun, Soulsorceror. I just can’t get excited about stormtroopers and rebels facing off, and have my hands full with other miniatures games, but I’m sure it all works well. Keep us posted!

8th
    Participant

I’m turning into the Victor Meldrew of these forums… maybe it’s time to leave…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not at all mate, we all get a bit of the ol’ grumpies now and then! Don’t worry about it.

actmoon
    Participant

@wonderslug @univeersalHead, thanks for the welcome.

Would love to see the inserts you have made for RoM so far. Maybe I could take some hints from it to design my own.

Now off to my lurker’s corner for a bit.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.