Home Forums The Gaming Room So, what did you play most recently?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 53 total)
  • Author

The8thPagan
    Participant

I’m old and grumpy most of the time…

And I wasn’t sure you’d know who Victor Meldrew was…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Youโ€™re still welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Played Necromunda Underhive again last night and had a fantastic time. Very cinematic, and to my surprise the Escher team not only held their own against the Goliaths, they won! Looking forward to some more games.

Pic on my Instagram feed.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

On my way toooooo loooooooooong to dooooooooooooooo List…sorry ๐Ÿ˜‰ Ggetting old necromunda out and then play the new one. So much good stuff and so little time ๐Ÿ™

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Did I mention I’m going to a kids’ league at the new Warhammer store?

My daughters (age 8 and 6) want to go, especially when they found out there would be miniature painting.

I’m more than just a little excited, even if I don’t personally enjoy the game that much.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That is very cool. I donโ€™t have kids, but seeing them get excited about games must be very satisfying.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Wow…6 and 8 and into painting minis….now I feel like I really have to get going with my painting…at 45….sigh ๐Ÿ˜‰

That is great….when your kids have intrest in things you also like…so much fun to be had together.

My 4 year old is into dragons (how to train your dragon) and dinosaures (from a museum visit) right now. I have a thing for dragons since I was her age and have some bigger pro painted diorama dragons as dekoration. Those are quite expensive and not for playing…well…until those sad eyes look at you with that look that you just cannot refuse. And she tells those wonderfull storys how those dragons got lost and where cold and hungry ect (her mother accuses me that she has that “roleplaying-gene” from me….no idea what she means ^^) and here eyes are shining and she has so much fun…and that is so much fun for me. So much so that I just cannot get angry when one gets into pieces…I knew the moment I said yes that that would happen. Now that one got several parts glued back on and is the center of further storys about its injury and the fight with that bigger monster…and so on. I am so curious at how she will develope and what intrests she will have in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry…got a little carried away…all WS fault ;-P

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Children never touch my games. Never. ๐Ÿ™‚

The8thPagan
    Participant

Only adults are allowed to play with them and make noises as the machines move across the battlefield ๐Ÿ™‚

Edmund C
    Participant

Managed to play another 2 chapters of Rise of Moloch. The game is tight so far.

I tried fiddling around with the components to see how I could make an insert for it. I ended up giving up due to the sheer amount of components and all the sleeved cards I have for it. (I had the Kickstarter arcanist exclusive cards in there as well). I guess Iโ€™ll just keep the miniatures in their respective brown boxes outside of the core box, and keep all the other components in the core box.

Or maybe I should try to craft a box

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Not a lot of gaming going on here for the last couple of weeks. Did play a game of Talisman with my son. Not exactly my favourite game, but he enjoys it a lot, so I don’t mind it from time to time. I do have some fond memories playing the GW-version with my former gaming-group in the 80’s and 90’s. But then again, there was a lot of beer involved…..

We also played a quite close game of Magic. He wasn’t exactly thrilled with me beating him, but since he beats me in about 80% of our matches, I’m sure he will get over the fact that his old dad manages to win the occasional game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

One must learn to lose. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.