Home Forums The Gaming Room So, what did you play most recently?

This topic contains 63 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I finally got to play Rising Sun!!! What a cool game, eh!? I’ve gotta say, having my Esoteric Order of Gamers rules summary sure made things easier.

Rising Sun

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks mate!

I’m trying to get as many EOG stories out there on social media as I can lately – can you share this great comment and photo out with the public? This is just the kind of thing I need to expand the readership.

And if you don’t mind, I’l forward it too! Thanks for the kind words and it’s great to see my work being used and enjoyed.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Sure thing. I’ll tag you in the post.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

aaaaand done. 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks mate! Got to spread the word beyond the echo chamber! 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I finally managed to get my Warriors of Middle-earth to the table, I had played it only online before. We played base game plus WoME, keeping LoME out to make it a bit easier as my opponent had not played the latest expansion yet.

It was an awesome game, where the factions played important roles. The eagles defended Lorien for a while, the spiders put the hurt on the the Fellowship, the corsairs broke the defense of Gondor, and the Ent threat protected Rohan through the whole game. The only faction to play no role at all were the Dead Men of Dunharrow, because Strider was busy getting the ringbearer into Mordor.

My opponent got one chance to dunk the ring, but at very bad odds: 1 in 5 would have given him victory. Instead he drew a red tile that delayed him and gave me the chance to conquer the Woodland Realm for my final 2 victory points. which my huge army of Nazgul, spiders, orcs, and one lonely Mumak managed.

Here are some impressions from the game if you want to check them out.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Fantastic! That 4 sixes roll looks like a game changer. 🙂 I really have to put some serious effort into Warriors and learn how to use it better. My summary could do with some work in that department too.

Thanks for sharing!

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I have recently started a Pathfinder-campaign with my son and my brother, which has taken up quite a bit of my time. But it’s going quite well and they seem to enjoy it, so it has been time well-spent. And I just managed to find a shrinkwrapped edition of Space Hulk, which was a blast to play, even though we managed to mangle most of the rules.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I managed to play a game of Blood Rage at GenCon – great fun, despite me losing horribly. 🙂

Back home, we’ve tried and completed the base campaign from Arkham Horror LCG. This is the first LCG I’ve really enjoyed so far and we’ll most likely continue with the Dunwich Legacy campaign to see how a longer story plays.

Tonight I’m scheduled to play my first Runewars Miniatures Game session via Vassal. A weak substitute for the actual painted minis on the table, but we’ll see how it goes.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Arkham Horror LCG is excellent, I must get into to it again.

My most recent game was Age of Sigmar using the Soul Wars box contents, and it was surprisingly good. The hit, wound, save system is still unnecessarily tedious and the amount of dice you roll sometimes ridiculous, and the combats do bog down a bit at the end, but I was pleased that there was some interesting movement going on before the units hit. And the ghosts are great, I love how they can fly over everything.

CK Lai
    Participant

Played a small game of Dust 1947 to re-learn the rules since the 1.5 (FFG) edition.

Then a 250 point game of In Her Majesty’s Name. Would be right up Universal Head’s alley, perhaps, with the emphasis on narrative focus rather than tournament play.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

One day I’ll return to Dust – I have a huge number of figures. Whether I’ll bother with the 1947 rules though is another question, I haven’t heard that there are any particular improvements over the Battlefront version. I noticed they’re doing a Cthulhu Mythos faction now, which is a sad waste of a good IP.

I’d like to check out IHMN – wondered if it would be possible to use SMOG figures perhaps?

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.