Home Forums The Gaming Room So what’s everyone playing?

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    UthorocUthoroc

Yes, I’ve played both battle games, though I find them both a bit too unbalanced in favor of the Free (Gondor even more than Rohan).

We’re in the process of testing and finalizing the Battle of Five Armies. It will be in the next version of the client.

Participant

New copies of Descent come with Heir of Blood as default campaign. Disappointing, as I wanted to buy that as way to re-use core game.

Can’t find the old campaign (was it called Shadow Rune) for sale.

UthorocUthoroc

Personally I wouldn’t miss the Shadow Rune campaign. I found it very uneven with many badly balanced scenarios. So far Heir of Blood has been much better. I would rather go for one of the add-ons (Nerekhall reads very nice), instead of the old campaign.

Participant

I have bought Lair of the Wyrm and Dark Elements as co-op supposed to be good… and I get to not be DM as a bonus.

Participant

Reading all this really makes me regret selling off all my Descent stuff 🙁

Just finished the Z:BP campaign. Currently playing L7: Omega Protocol.

When I’m done with that, it’ll be Centauri Saga and Warhammer Quest ACG. By then, my MERCS Recon Wave 2 should be in and I’ll dive back into that again 😀

Jack RomeoJack Romeo
    Participant

We’re playing a lot of Star Wars: Rebellion these days. And had our first go at Mega Civilization this weekend. 18 hours gaming marathon with 8 players, which was fun. Also playing Innovation a few times a week with my girlfriend.

All while painting Zombicide Black Plague and Fireteam Zero.

Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve been playing a lot of Zombicide (all base survivors and nearly all zombies painted), and the X-wing fan made co-op campaign , Heroes of the Aturi Cluster. Recently bought Heroes of Normandie and am loving that.

Participant

Twilight Imperium!

Speaking of which, how has this game slipped by without some attention here? And for that matter, how about Twilight Struggle too?!

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Ah Twilight Imperium. For me, a game so big and complex I know I’ll maybe play it once a year at most, so I have never bought it. One day though. One day.

My time has been spent with Pathfinder: The Adventure Card Game: Wrath of the Righteous. Neat little “Diablo in a deck” card game where you level up your character deck with each scenario you complete, adding new weapons and spells you find along the way, ultimately working up to a big boss battle at the end of the campaign.

I’ve also been playing Super Dungeon Explore with my two daughters (4 & 6 years). I’ve streamlined the rules, focusing mostly on movement and basic spells/attacks, and I’m running it as a simple storytelling RPG-ish. Right now we’re working our way toward the castle of the Forgotten King to rescue the Queen of the Faeries so the forest spirit can be restored. I’ve had fun building story on the fly, and doing all the NPC character voices. And the girls are getting into speaking with their characters to the various NPCs we encounter. My six year old surprised me when she started telling backstory for her character, completely unprompted by me. It was a proud moment. 🙂

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Oh! I also got a chance to play and finish T.I.M.E. Stories over my vacation. Holy shit! What a good game! A must buy.

Keymaster

I’ve never got around to doing a TI summary as I’ve never bought it, and Like WS, I’ve never bought it because I could never justify the price for something that I’d probably never get around to playing. Too many players and too much time needed. Though I have played one turn once – even that took ages!

WS: the only thing I can think of missing by choosing not to have kids is playing RPGs with them! 🙂 As for T.I.M.E (no period after the last E apparently, for some bizarre reason!), I absolutely love the idea, but it’s a deal-breaker for me that I have to pay so much every time just to be able to play it once. I wish they’d set the system up to be more affordable.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

That is true about the purchase model. It took us about four runs through the core campaign before we solved it. At completion, the feelings were very much mixed. We felt good about ourselves for solving the puzzle, but then all we had left to do was put the box away and . . . that’s it.

I suppose I could take it to a big game night where others could enjoy it, but there’s really no way to re-play the scenario once you’ve solved it. My hope is the additional scenarios will drop in price and future purchases will be trivial.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.