Home Forums The Smoking Room social media killed the forum star….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  8th 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

I suspect my topic title will confuse a lot of people, as it tenuously links to an 80’s song by The Buggles… “Video killed the radio star”

The so called social media has apparently killed off forums. I prefer to call it anti-social media, but seem to be in a minority.

People will click on ‘like’ or ‘dislike’, but getting them to actually use words to comment on something is difficult.

In the last year the number of ‘comments’ and ‘forum topics’ on this website has dwindled significantly. The ‘study’ hasn’t seen a new entry in a year, most others are at least a month old and even the most recent forum entres a week old.

I used to ponder whether it would be better for the world if a time machine was used to erase cigarettes, or the internal combustion engine from history… now I think facecrook and the like are as much of a threat.

To quote a very old TV series… “We’re all doomed!”

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Nah, we’re just getting old. 😉

8th
    Participant

I’m already old… even older than UH.

I also bought Soul Wars but there’s no way I’m spending 27 hours on just the Haunt…

I have Necromunda to finish, Kill Team in progress and have just ordered Battle of Pelennor Fields…

If I spend 7 hours painting Soul Wars I’ll be surprised… my paint job won’t be great, but I just don’t have that much spare time on my hands…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

‘even older than UH’ – jeez, thanks for that. That old!

8th
    Participant

I did type something cynical and potentially offensive here…

But to save a pointless argument I deleted it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.