Home Forums The Gaming Room Solo Board Game Recommendations?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    KvamziKvamzi
    Participant

Hello!

Anyone here got a recommendation for a good solo board game for these times of isolation?

Preferably with a good theme, story narrative and player progression.

Cheers!

KvamziKvamzi
    Participant

Have considered Blackstone Fortress, but I’ve seen reviews stating that it is too easy and repetitive, and I’m also unsure if the story is good enough too be engaged through all the scenarios.

Keymaster

I’m not a big solo player Kavamzi, though I’ve posted a few solo batreps in my bonus videos: Star Wars Outer Rim, Shadows of Brimstone, and Warhammer Quest Card Game. I’m covering Shadows of Kilforth soon, which looks like a good solo adventure card game. Runebound is another one that comes to mind.

DustinDustin
    Participant

I really enjoy Blackstone Fortress, although I have never played it solo. I am sure it would be just fine though. There really isn’t much story wise, as far as when you are playing the game, although there is a novel in The Black Library. I don’t see it being easy at all. My only complaint is that I swore I wouldn’t play it again until I painted the whole thing, and here I am a year later and it still isn’t finished, lol.

Keymaster

The only thing that turns me off BF is he constant dice rolling everytime you activate a bad guy. It seemed really clunky.

DustinDustin
    Participant

Yeah, you definitely do a good bit of rolling for every enemy on the board. I was wondering why I never saw a BSF battle report pop up, you guys tend to play a good bit of GW board games.

Keymaster

Just never got around to it really, so many games and Will hasn’t had the opportunity to visit over the last year (and it will be a while before he does again, unfortunately).

Keymaster

I might film a solo game; it certainly looks good.

KvamziKvamzi
    Participant

Please do. I’m on the fence about this one.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

How about Arkham Horror LCG?

KvamziKvamzi
    Participant

Ah, that’s a good one Soulsorcerer, have it and have played it a lot, but never solo though.

Keymaster

Yeah, that’s a really good one. And of course LOTR CG, which is probably my only really enjoyable solo game. I forgot!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.