Home Forums The Kitchen Solomon

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Saw a demo game of Mythic’s next release, Solomon Kane, on Beasts of War…

That looks a really tedious game. Four of you control the virtues that affect Solomon as he tries to stay awake until the end of the scenario.

As usual, miniatures looks good, but for that sort of game you don’t need miniatures.

But the gameplay… I almost fell asleep and ended up skipping to the end to see what happened. It was so dull it made Joan of Arc look exciting and that was like watching paint dry.

I’m not the only person that thought it was tedious, that’s pretty much all the comments beneath the video.

No doubt it will still sell because people see plastic and don’t watch the videos… and if you want some witch hunter era miniatures then I’m sure there will be plenty.

Unless it’s a box full of plastic with the ‘All In’ costing less than £50 then I think I’ll pass (and even then I’d junk the game and keep the plastic).

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I do not understand, for the life of me, why some companies promote their games with such horribly tedious gameplay videos. I watched some of the Beasts of War one until I could stand it no longer. Very few people care about the minutiae of the rules, and anyway they can make the rulebook available later. What they want to see is that it’s FUN! Get a few people together who already know the rules, who have some personality and a good sense of humour, and show people that the game is enjoyable and worth buying!

I was already not buying into this one because of the expensive shipping – and I don’t like co-ops and dice management – but I agree with you, the gameplay video made it look astoundingly boring. They’re trying to do something different, which is great, but whether it’s successful or not certainly doesn’t come across in the video.

I really, really hope Joan of Arc is good because I spent a bomb on it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.