Home Forums The Gaming Room Star Wars Legion

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Saw the minis in Essen…and they both are larger then I thought! Looking good in scale comparison to the troopers.

With the problem of scale compared to AI…I am not that focused on “perfect” size…as long as the style fits and its not AI mixed with Lego…I am fine with that. I remember when we had to mix minis from different companys because there where not enough from one to play bigger games…and it did not hinder us having fun. The need to get exactly the same is one that I find strange in a hobby that depends so much on your own imagination…but that is just me.

So I see no problem at all to play Legion with AI minis…or mix them…just have fun playing.

And X-Wing is amazing…great game…and awesome prepaint minis!!!

The8thPagan
    Participant

I went nuts on X-wing initially and have loads of stuff, but stopped buying at Wave V.

Imperial Assault I’m still buying and painting.

And UH is right about Legion prices. $50 for one AT-ST, $30 for one Snowspeeder and $25 for the other other day one releases of units from core game.

If anyone is going into Star Wars Legion I would advise they do what I did with X-wing… buy two starter boxes.

Two sets of dice, two sets of range rulers, double the terrain and two of every unit. Just buying the dice, rulers, AT-RT, Speeder Bikes and one of each Rebel/Imperial Unit (excluding the Snowspeeder/AT-ST) would cost $130 and compared to the $89 for the core game which includes all the above and more.

Yes, there’s duplication, but it’s the cheapest way to do a big battle.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Buying two core sets is a good idea in most TT-games because they normaly have a significantly lower price….splitting the factions with a friend does double that effect. Problem with FFG is…there are different cards in the extra sets then with the core set….just like with X-Wing where the extra x-wings had other cards then the ones in the core set….so you might pay more…but you only get all cards the expensive way 🙁

I will go the “buy one to see if its up my alley” and if so…buy the second one later 🙂

And the AT-ST is way bigger then the AI one…and the Snowspeeder is big too…so the prices are ok for the size in a SW license. Such a shame I did not make a picture of the display at the con to show you guys 🙁

The8thPagan
    Participant

Is it Assault Imperial where you come from Soul? Or repeated typo? As you call it AI.

Imperial Assault to us English speaking countries.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Universal Head
    Keymaster

The figures are certainly a vast improvement on IA.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

So…3 weeks til the base game out. Saw some coverage over the last months and I like what they showed.

And the rules are up free on ffg´s site…so all can test play and use all the minis they want…great!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

can you playtest it with just the rules? Wouldn’t you need on the cards etc?

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

You would need cards, they do not print the cards themselves for free. But there are many sources with enough info about all the nessecary parts to test. Needs some more digging but will work 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m sad to say I’m completely uninterested in getting into Legion. Given the fizzle that Runewars turned out to be, the investment is too much for a game that may or may not be supported in the future. And anyway, s I’ve often said, I don’t get all excited and inspired by Star Wars stuff, as many people do.

Anyway, let us know what it’s like if you play it!

CK Lai
    Participant

I just want to re-purpose my Imperial Assault minis. I will miss the speeders though. Since FFG intentionally made the 2 games at different scales.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’m skipping Legion as well, still sticking to my Runewars, which I feel has the superior rules set. And I am burnt out on Star Wars, too.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.