Home Forums The Gaming Room Star Wars: Rebellion

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ozmoozmo
    Participant

I’m currently using Plano 3650 boxes to store minis & tokens. Working well so far.

UthorocUthoroc

Great overview, Ozmo. I’m really looking forward to this, but have to be patient. Stupid delayed European release.

Participant

It’s out in the UK. Got mine on Tuesday.

Keymaster

Just got it – NZD$150. Air is expensive these days. 😉

Participant

Air is expensive. So much pollution in the atmosphere.

It does leave space for foamcore to store everything safe. Seems odd to have such a big box though, unless they’re planning expansions.

Any plans to paint them? I’m extremely unlikely to do so. Tiny things and so many of them.

Keymaster

It probably has more to do with perceived value and shop shelf impact, at the risk of sounding cynical. It’s annoying, as personal shelf space is getting very limited.

I have so many things in the painting queue, I doubt I’d get around to doing these!

Participant

I dug out my Brimstone games and hen I saw the appalling paint jobs I did when I bought them, started to touched up, add washes and generally conceal my poor brush work.

Buying Warmachine/Hordes forced me to improve my painting skill and while I’m still far from great, I’m better than I was, so my older work looks awful.

Mansions of Madness is another ‘touch up’ job on my list, but I daren’t open the box until I’m ready to get started on them.

Zombicide and the like are not priorities for painting to me. The quality is not great and the vast majority are just zombies and not on the table long enough to be interesting.

RPG and war-game miniatures get more scrutiny as they’re on the table for hours at a time.

Participant

Hey UH….I guess your wait and see approach on this game lasted all of 12 days or so!!! LOL 🙂

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

If you’re looking for foam core designs, Brian Casey, a fellow designer on Google+, did a fantastic job on this box.

Star Wars: Rebellion foam core

Keymaster

Hopeless isn’t it Briscoe?! 😉

Those plans look great WS. Saves me the trouble, yay!

Keymaster

Played our first game tonight but had to wrap it up early – ran out of time and the Rebels were getting steamrolled. Seems very tough for the Rebels. Jury is still out!

Participant

We found much the same thing with our first game. I played the rebels and had a really hard time of it – thematic I guess! However, I suspect the key for the Rebels is to know the Objective decks almost inside and out so you can pre-plan (insofar as you can pre-plan! lol). I’m doing exactly that before game #2.

Looking forward to a rules summary on this, if you get around to doing one! I’m not a huge fan of these new format FFG manuals. So much page flipping to find what you are after.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.