Skip to main content

Home Forums The Gaming Room Star Wars: Rebellion

Viewing 5 posts - 25 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve almost finished the rules summary! I’m with you, I’m not a fan either. And they’re a complete pain to summarise.

Devoran
    Participant

Great news, looking forward to it! 🙂

ozmo
    Participant

Thanks for the rules summary!

I’m also with you – I really don’t like the split book mechanic. Rebellion & Warhammer Quest ACG had bits of info scattered and it was easy to miss things. Not a fan.

Uthoroc

To give a bit of a dissenting voice, I’ve encountered the split rulebook only in Eldritch Horror previously (and now in Rebellion), but I quite like it. The “Learn to Play” booklet suits my style of learning a game. And in EH I’ve had zero problems looking things up. Everything is neatly organized and where I would expect to find it. We’ll see how the Rebellion version holds up.

In contrast the Age of Conan rulebook is pure horror to me (I have the German version, which is differently organized than the English one). It splits the rules into an overview of the game flow, combat and “other” rules, scoring, and finally each type of action in detail. I can NEVER find anything in there, as it also lacks an index.

Uthoroc

We played our fist game of SW:Rebllion yesterday, and it was a blast. It took a long time (5h+) with learning all the rules and everything, but was very suspenseful!

I played the Rebels and I was thinking “How the f*** am I gonna win this thing?” all the time. But I hung on by the skin of my teeth and managed to scrape up two reputation points in turn 8 that gave me the win, JUST before the Empire found and invaded my base. Beautiful, I’m eager to play again.

The game included the Death Star blowing up a planet, Obi-Wan getting captured by Darth Vader and then rescued by Han Solo, only for Han getting caught before he could leave. Leia tried to rescue Han but failed, but at least prevented the Empire form freezing him in carbonite. In the end it was Obi-wan who paid back the favor and got Han out, picking up that crucial objective card on the way that secured my victory.

Overall not quite as epic as the War of the Ring, but also very thematic and fun. We’ll see about replayability.

Viewing 5 posts - 25 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.