Home Forums The Gaming Room Steampunk

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    CK Lai
    Participant

I’m probably going the other way and getting the Moloch stuff to see if I can turn it into a light skirmish game. 🙂

If only CMON would expand on the World of SMOG background fluff here:

http://world-of-smog.com/en/

But as we all know, CMON’s business model is all about pushing out the next Kickstarter, not making great games 😛

8th
    Participant

That’s what is annoying me… Smog as a world looks interesting, but I know that the rule book will have minimal setting detail.

I’m also concerned that the core campaign is too short, but it’s around $250 for all the expansions and that’s a lot of money to invest in game. I know I’ve spend more than that on Imperial Assault, but it was over a period of time.

And although some of the miniatures look good, there are too many bland ones.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m going all in with this one, because I love all the minis. I hope the game is fun, but I’m definitely choosing a skirmish rules set as well for them. And I’m not too worried about background material; being a bit of a Victoriana buff, I can imagine enough to get by.

8th
    Participant

Thinking of proxying a Wolsung Triad unit with Shael Han starter I never got around to assembling (only got one army and no adversary).

Also got some Cthulhu miniatures (EM4 preprinted plus Mansions plus Pandemic Cthulhu) some miscellaneous Victorians.

I just can’t justify that much money for a load of minions I don’t like and only a handful of quality heroes/agents in do like.

briscoe999
    Participant

Well, I just pledged World of Smog: Rise of Moloch at the $120 level. My New Years Resolution of trying to really curb my spending on gaming is not off to a very good start!!

CK Lai
    Participant

@briscoe999 : LOL! Welcome to the Club, John !

It must’ve been your pledge that pushed us over $1 million… and about 13 chapters/adventures. Not just the starting 6 😉

8th
    Participant

Still unsure about my pledge. Wolsung stuff arrived and I pledged for the Twisted pdf.

Might drop down to $100 as not sure about the embassy. Some of the miniatures are very ugly in that box.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Join ussssss!!!!

8th
    Participant

I may have to move to new zealand as properties are cheaper over there I think… well bigger than comparable UK property, so I’ll have more space to store games. Think I get stiffed on the postage though and I have cousins down there who say the chocolate is rubbish compared to UK.

More importantly… do you have any decent beer and can I get a curry?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m glad we just bought a house, because NZ seems to be becoming everyone’s choice of impending-apocalypse bolthole!

There are a lot of immigrants from the UK in NZ; perhaps too heavily weighted on the older, conservative white retiree site of the spectrum, because I personally think the country needs more multiculturalism and immigration from a greater range of countries to drag some of its old-fashioned habits into the 21st century. I’ve heard real estate agents joke about the number of older people from the UK that come here, buy a nice place, then sell and go back to the UK after a couple of years because they Miss the Old Country! 😉

Coming from Sydney I was surprised to find the cost of living relatively expensive, and the days of cheap property are quickly drawing to a close. Also there’s a smaller choice of goods and services of course. And postage sucks.

But I don’t miss living in Sydney at all. The craft beer is scene is excellent, but curries not so much (see previous comment above about multiculturalism).

Anyway, back to games. This ain’t a NZ immigration forum! 🙂

8th
    Participant

One more comment before gaming… my cousins have lived there for 50 years and still think of England as home…

I am leaving Smog at $120. Small chance I may buy the wheel for Baba Yaga and friends, but will leave that to pledge manager.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I must admit when I hear people express things like that I can’t help but think: if it’s home, and you can go back there without religious or political persecution or serious financial hardship, well, go off and enjoy home and leave this place to the people who appreciate it fully – or better yet, make some room for people who don’t have those options and would! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.