Home Forums The Workshop Suggestions for additional bases? Shadows of Brimstone

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ShawnMcCool 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ShawnMcCool
    Participant

I started painting mini’s because of Shadows of Brimstone. So far, I have only painted the zombies in Last Night on Earth. I figured that this was a good place to start, since I never play the game anyway.

So, when I finally picked up Shadows, I started putting them all together. It’s been an extremely slow process. That said, I don’t mind. I’m having a blast.. Honestly, I just want to spend more time with my games. I can’t have friends over to play ALL the time, and it gets me off of my computer (software developer by trade).

Once I got all of the pieces assembled (cut out, filed down, washed, and glued) we were getting anxious to start playing. So, I primed them all and mounted them to the bases.

FINALLY, I’m painting the Night Terrors. It’s really awesome and I’m having a blast. However, I am CERTAINLY noticing that the minis are overall quite low quality. I have to fill a lot of gaps, cut down the pieces so that they fit better, etc.

So… I have a question. I want to build some “corpse pile” miniatures myself. The game comes with tokens for these and a few other types of enemy and I want to replace them with real miniatures that are at the correct scale. It looks like creating a nice corpse pile will be quite easy, actually..

All of my Shadows of Brimstone miniatures are mounted on the bases that came with the game.. I have naturally used them all up.

Any suggestions on how to have matching bases so that all of my pieces look uniform?

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

ShawnMcCool
    Participant

Oh, I feel like an idiot now. I just assumed that I’d have to come up with some alternative solution.. Sorry and thanks!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Haha. I know what you mean, but don’t feel bad. I assumed the same as you.

I’ve never played the game, so I just looked it up to see what size base they use and, BOOM, it was right there. LOL

ShawnMcCool
    Participant

Apparently, they are nurturing a culture of user-created content. I went ahead and ordered a number of things that’ll let me flex my wings a bit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.