Home Forums The Workshop Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King painted minis

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by WonderSlug WonderSlug 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

The first of my finished minis from the Super Dungeon Explore line. I’ve never painted anything with this much color and “prettiness” before, so I was happy with how it turned out, and it’s got me really excited to paint some more.

This is the Tabbybrook Mage.
    Tabbybrook Mage
    Tabbybrook Mage
    Tabbybrook Mage

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Second mini from the line, the Twilight Knight.

Twilight Knight

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not my style of mini, but a lovely paint job. For the Knight, perhaps a bit of shading or defining, either with a wash or by hand? It would make the detail pop a bit more. You’ve done it nicely on the mage’s staff, for example.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Thanks Peter.

As for the Twilight Knight, the eyes are the only thing close to finished. The skin only has a couple very close highlight layers, and the rest is just dual tone primer. 🙂 Haven’t touched most of the mini yet.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ahh, there you go then! Thought it was slightly undercooked. 🙂

MarcellusWallace
    MarcellusWallace
    Participant

Nicely done paintjob! I love your details like the ears 🙂 I thought that probably was a work in progress, but it actually gave me some nice ideas to make a “getting out of or into cloak” effect. I hope my second set of Brimstone minis will be up soon, they are done quite a while already but never found time to take proper photos.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Finished this one finally. The blending needed to make the cape look good kept me from getting back to it sooner. Last night I finally said “screw it!” So here it is.

Twilight Knight1
    Twilight Knight2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.