Home Forums The Reception Hall The forum improvements are beginning!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m very happy to inform all EOG members that the annoying pagination bug that has been plaguing these forums since their inception is now squashed! HALLELUJAH!

And this is just the beginning of some exciting improvements and enhancements that will be happening to your EOG forums in the weeks to come.

Now, I rarely lean on you all for such things, but these renovations are being done by a paid professional designer and coder and the expense is coming out of my own pocket, so if you were thinking at any time of donating to the EOG, now would be a most auspicious time! All donations are going straight to making these forums much, much better; a fantastic place to meet and chat with like-minded EOG members about our wonderful hobby. If you do have a few bucks to spare, your contribution is highly, highly appreciated. You can find a Paypal donate button on almost every page of the site.

Thankyou fellow EOG members, and look out for exciting changes to come!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

…. tumbleweeds …

CK Lai
    Participant

Sorry. Been too busy playing Deadzone and Alkemy to post on forums.

But yay! The forum pagination bug was a real pain and yes, the more people know this has been fixed, the more financial contributions will be forthcoming. 🙂

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Sorry Sorry Sorry!!! Busy week for me to. I got your e-mail about this post, and I have been meaning to get back over here. 🙂

I bet it’s pretty frustrating putting out a “call to action” like that and getting no replies.

Strangely, no DONATE button on this forum page. 😛

EDIT AGAIN: Strangely, no DONATE button on the home page either. Hmm. Maybe think about putting one there?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Curtis! You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thankyou so much for that extremely generous donation mate. It’s really, really appreciated.

(I was just joking with the tumbleweeds thing!)

Good point about the donate buttons – I’ve put them on the forum pages. Actually, maybe I should just put it in the footer so it will be on every page, think that will be visible enough?

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Has that button always been over to the right on the forums? Probably. I just didn’t see it when I was looking around, eh?

I think anyone “looking for it” would find it just fine down in the footer, and that would be an easy way to make sure it’s visible site-wide. But I’d hate for it to get lost down there. Hmmm. I dunno.

And I’m always happy to donate to this site when funds allow. 🙂 Squashing the pagination bug alone was worth the donation. LOL

Happy to be a part of this community.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

And it’s great to have you here mate. Just wait until you see the changes coming to this forum!

I just added that donate button to the side. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m really sorry to report this, my dear EOG members, but the person I’ve been relying on for 4 months to completely redesign these forums has utterly let me down. I have to start a new search for a professional to redo them, but it may take a while.

I can’t tell you how disappointed I am and how embarrassed that I’ve been put in this position. My sincere apologies.

8th
    Participant

Stuff happens. Others can be unreliable.

However, while I’m here… I miss having updated forums on homepage. Have to make all that effort to go to another page to find out if the forums are updated. Very tiring 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Good idea, I’d forgotten that when the widgets reset and I lost the footer layout and had to redo it.

Bloody technology. As useful as WordPress is, it could all be so much better. I can see so much room for improvement and ease of use and no one seems to have done it. It’s really frustrating sometimes!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

No worries, Peter. My company has been scouting for reliable webpage devs since I got hired 8 years ago. We keep finding people who, like you experienced, keep falling short in one area or another.

Who knew the good ones were so hard to find?

While revisions would be nice, as long as the people and conversations here stay the same, this member will be happy.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ll keep looking. I was really looking forward to what this guy was going to come up with, but he strung me along for 4 months and only ended up fixing the pagination bug.

I’m trying to do a bit of styling myself, but the way BBPress is set up it makes it stupidly difficult.

If you ever find a good programmer who’d like to do a bit of work on the side, let me know!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.