Home Forums The Gaming Room The new Runewars – Miniatures game

Viewing 8 posts - 37 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    UthorocUthoroc

Concerning Kari Wraithstalker’s pose: For me, a good sculpt shows the figure doing something right in the moment, like swinging a weapon, nocking an arrow, surveying the battle field, etc. I can’t see that in Kari. She looks like she is balancing with those arms spread out, but the stance doesn’t match that. I would imagine if she had been modeled like she was landing from a jump, with only one foot on the ground, leaning a little forward, she would look much better to me. At least it would explain her billowing clothes.

There is a second pose for the cavalry (the other two figures have it), but it’s not very different. You can see it here. They’ve done poses so that you can have all different ones on each tray (i.e. four different ones for the infantry, two for the cavalry). It would be trivial swap one rider to the other type of horse to have 4 unique figures, but the difference is so small that I didn’t bother.

The bases are all flat (except for the heroes). I’added bird sand, small rocks and static grass to these.

The interlocking bases fight together pretty snugly. It gets mentioned that they can be a bit of a problem to remove in the game, and generally people seem to leave the empty ones on the table unless it would make a difference game-wise (normally you remove them when they are empty, but it’s not always important, as you do so from the back).

UthorocUthoroc

I’m on the home stretch. I finished the cavalry over the weekend, and am starting now on the last unit: the spearmen.
    Oathsworn Cavalry

UthorocUthoroc

Aaaaand done. Well, the base set that is. Expansions are just around the corner, though I’d really like to play it a couple times before I buy more stuff. 😀 Took me around 4 weeks to paint the 48 minis (and create 2 small terrain pieces, which is exceedingly fast for me – motivation didn’t flag.
    Daqan Spearmen
    Runewars on the table

Keymaster

Stunning work mate – do let us know about your experiences playing the game.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Looks fantastic….and I am also very exited to hear about your play experience!!!

UthorocUthoroc

I might get to play my first game on Wednesday… we’ll see.

UthorocUthoroc

The first expansions are in the house and I’ve completed the Waiqar (undead) command figures. These are some really beautiful models, I love them.
    Waiqar banner bearer
    Waiqar champion
    Waiqar drummer
    Waiqar necromancer

Keymaster

I’m not a fan of the sculpts, but you’ve done a an excellent job with them!

Viewing 8 posts - 37 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.