Home Forums The Gaming Room The Others : 7 Sins (initial impressions)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Addum Addum 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    CK Lai
    Participant

Well… Maybe for the first game you might have to do a bit of hand-holding and GM-ing until the other players find their rhythm. After that, both sides can go full tilt.

Addum
    Addum
    Participant

I have started to listen to the newly released soundtrack.

Link here.

http://resources.cmon.com/The_Others_Soundtrack_files/

Not what I was expecting but I like it so far.

Wolvercote
    Participant

Looking forward to the EoG treatment for this game. Wow is the rulebook convoluted!

CK Lai
    Participant

It’s actually pretty simple to play. As long as you understand how to read the map and the difference between districts and streets, you’re good to go.

The Sins usually have specific on-going effects. But the back page of the rule book is it, really.

razide
    Participant

So far enjoying painting the Sins but I need to do some of the Faith guys.
    Started on the Apocalypse figures then in a rare moment of self control put them back in their box to do the rest of the game first.

Still yet to play a game – it is actually set up on a table waiting with Pride anticipating ‘painted’ victims in the near future.
    I have noticed a very slight bit of curl on a few of the map tiles though and I think the Sin turn markers could have been better with a bigger difference between the front and back.

Wolvercote
    Participant

I played 5 solo games over the weekend and while I really enjoyed it, I’m a bit concerned that the Sin player is overpowered compared to the Faith team. The Sin side won all 5 games and the Faith only came close once. I’ll be curious to hear the consensus over time on this.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve started work on a summary.

CK Lai
    Participant

@ Wolvercote : It’s been 50-50 for me. Basically, the Sins just need to pile in there and chuck as much dice as you can, while using the corrupted acolyte powers. Focus on bringing down 1 hero at a time. It’s surprising what can happen with exploding dice.

Also, don’t forget the Avatar is also a monster, so you CAN re-spawn at the end of the round.

Wolvercote
    Participant

Oh I didn’t forget that. Not that the Sin player needed the help!

Addum
    Addum
    Participant

I am enjoying reading about people’s experiences so far. Great discussion on BGG.

I think we (UK) are still about a month (Sept) away from a delivery.

If you are interested you can search for the two cargo ship son vesselfinder.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/
    HANJIN AFRICA
    APL MERLION

They don’t update every day but they are somewhere off the coast of Sri Lanka and Singapore at the moment.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I played for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. I was discouraged as the Sins player at first, but your power level creeps up towards the end!

CK Lai
    Participant

@ UH : There’s a thread over at BGG on what tactics to use both as a Sins player and as the FAITH team.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628803/i-really-need-some-help-tactics

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.