Home Forums The Kitchen THMIniatures Resin Gaming Terrain Kickstarter

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kent Kent 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Check out this fantastic scenery by THMiniatures. I’ve been hunting for some really nice tabletop pieces for a while now, and stumbled across this guy’s website. Luckily, he was just about to launch this Kickstarter campaign, in which you can get his new Volcanic pieces as well as the old pieces.

I plan to get into this in a big way. I’ve also reached out to him and he’s kindly sending me some samples, so I’ll be doing a video review of them in a couple of weeks.

Really lovely stuff – you can see the huge difference someone with an illustration background makes to the character of this terrain. Perfect for Wrath of Kings, for example (note the Rackham models used for scale).

Kickstarter link

8th
    Participant

I saw this at launch, but very expensive to get into ‘in a big way’, plus I think it’s unpainted and I lack the skills to do it justice.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Stuff like this is mostly drybrushing, I find them very easy to paint. And I think the prices are really reasonable compared to most terrain.

I reckon these designs are the best I’ve seen in ages. So much terrain looks homemade and lacks personality, and there are so few really usable pieces bits out there.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing a few samples and putting them through their paces. I might even do a bit of painting tutorial with the review.

CK Lai
    Participant

I backed the first one and I can attest to their quality. Excellent stuff. Very well made. Thierry is also very friendly and helpful.

PLUS: he actually shipped on time! (Vagaries of the postal system, I got mine 4 months after shipping but it’s not his fault).

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Dammit CK, why didn’t you tell me about it! 😉

Kent
    Kent
    Participant

The terrain looks great but most of it wouldn’t fit thematically with the games I have been playing most recently. The fortifications could work as I have really wanted to make a large trench system to use…

CK Lai
    Participant

Sorry, UH! Good news is: all the stuff that was available from the 1st KS is also available as an add-on in this one. So you’re not missing anything (except a good deal price-wise from the 1ast KS) 🙂

Aside: Maybe should add a new forum section for terrain?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I just got some sample pieces in the mail and they are fantastic. Will be starting to paint them up this weekend – in fact I broke and got myself a cheap airbrush and compressor just to do them justice.

Kent
    Kent
    Participant

Airbrushing, thats the next step for me too. Just don’t have anywhere to use it in my apartment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.