Home Forums The Gaming Room Universal Head's Game Collection?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ShadowClipse
    Participant

Hello UniHead!

I noticed a post you put up a while back about suggestions for this website. I’m not sure if anyone else has brought this up with you before (I haven’t yet found time to read all the forum entries).

Well an idea came to me as I was scrolling through your multitude of rules summaries. If you were able to lovingly create that many summaries, it means you own those games and cared enough about them to make a summary. This got me thinking, “I wonder what his shelves must look like storing all these awesome games! It must be overflowing with gaming goodness!” .

This lead to the inevitable question “Why hasn’t UniHead posted a video (or even photos) of his extensive game collection?” Then, while you are revealing your huge collection to the world, why not feature your top 10 (or 50, etc) favorite games (maybe by genre)? Perhaps describe why they are your top games, with a recap of a scenario in a play session that really made the game shine for you. Maybe also show your storage solution for those games (foam core inserts) and components (painted minis).

Just a thought 🙂
    Like I said, I have no idea if this has been suggested before, but boy it sure would be a fun video to watch!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s a great idea for a video or three, and I’d love to make them one day. Unfortunately most of my collection is in storage back in Sydney (I moved to New Zealand from there 2 1/2 years ago). While I brought a few games with me, and have added quite a few more since I’ve been here, it’s not a particularly impressive collection with the bulk of it not here.

One day, when I’m more settled and not being kicked out by landlords who want to sell or move back into their properties (this has now happened twice!) – perhaps when we’ve got around to buying a place here – I’ll be reunited with my collection and you can expect a surge of content about those other games as, for example, I’ve made foamcore inserts for all of them. Not to mention far more impressive tabletop setups for miniatures games.

Sniff. I miss my babies …

ShadowClipse
    Participant

Hi UniHead!

So I was revisiting some past discussions on the EoG forums and found this one from 2 1/2 years ago!
    From what I understand, you have finally been reunited with your entire game collection? Is that correct?
    If so, I look forward to any videos you can make that shows off your collection!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s all roughly placed on shelves, and as soon as everything’s where I want it to be I’ll film a ‘walkthrough’. Hope you’ve seen the unpacking videos, I’m just about to post number 5 in the series.

ShadowClipse
    Participant

HA! For some strange reason I’ve only been getting notifications for the battle report videos, but never saw the unpacking videos! Congrats on getting a house and finally reclaiming your game collection.
    Watching the unpacking videos now!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hmm, that’s strange, if you’re subscribed to the YT channel you should get notifications for every new video.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.