Home Forums The Artist’s Studio Universal Head’s Latest Miniature Painting

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new Artist’s Studio in the forums! This is where EOG members can display, discuss and dissect their miniature painting efforts.

To get started, I’m going to showcase my latest painting project. I’m attempting to barnstorm my way through a large backlog of unpainted Wrath of Kings figures, and I hope to complete a new unit type every week.

Remember, you can see larger images by right-clicking on the image and selecting ‘open image in new window’.

Here are the results of the last couple of weeks. A bunch of Teknes Union Workers:

Teknes Union Workers

and these just done, a whole lot of Shael Han Dragon Legionnaires:

Shael Han Dragon Legionnaires

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Looking great! Can´t wait to see them in action 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hadross Sevridan Gutters. Or as I prefer to call them, Jellyfish Men! Not very clear in this pic, but I used water effects liquid mixed with a little blue and green ink on the bases.

Sevridan Gutters

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Very nice. I practically hear them slurping along.

8th
    Participant

I really need to put more effort into basing my painted figures. Tend to use milliput to secure the figures to bases while filling any gaps, but it looks a bit… crappy.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Doing nice bases is really worth the effort, it improves the visual impact of the minis a lot!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Looking really good…minis and bases!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s pretty easy – a bit of bark maybe, perhaps a tuft glued on, some crushed kitty litter – it doesn’t take long but makes a mini pop.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

2 Legion Keepers:

Legion Keepers

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Fulung Devourer:

Fulung Devourer

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Wow, that’s an impressive dragon! You are going at a great pace now.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m starting to find if you get into the rhythm of regular painting the speed really picks up. I’m doing the Wrath figures now, and I almost finished base coating all nine of them in one evening.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.