February 10, 2015 at 5:24 am #8607
Finally got back to a project I’d started late last year, and managed to finish it up to satisfaction.
Also, after getting the juices flowing again on the dragon, I managed to get another hero figure painted for my currently running campaign. Elder Mok, the goblin apothecary. Admittedly, the free hand brush work on the drum heads could use a little more work, but I’ve never done that sort of thing before, and I’m happy with it for “first timer” results.
February 10, 2015 at 10:28 am #8617
That is stunning work Wonderslug. The drum head patterns look fantastic. Great colours too. Nice one!March 4, 2015 at 6:29 pm #8873
That is great work.
These posts, and MW’s “Shadows of Brimstone painted Tentacles and first painted mini” posts are inspiring and really encourage me to pick up the brush.
Similarly, Sorastro’s Star Wars video guides are also excellent – thanks for those posts UH.
I often don’t get time to post, but I do follow the forums via RSS feeds, and it is great to see and read about what everyone is working on.
Cheers.March 4, 2015 at 8:28 pm #8874
Great to hear. I really enjoy the little community we’re building up here, we seem to have attracted some good people. We’ll no doubt look back upon this one day as The First Golden Age of the EOG. 🙂March 5, 2015 at 12:09 am #8875
Fantastic work most wondrous of all the slugs!
I especially like the drum of the goblin and the wings of valyndra. How did you do those? Did you do anything special apart from washing to get all those scars and skinfolds?
And i, too, enjoy the small community here. I don’t get to post too much, but when i do, i’d like to post as much as i can. Very encouraging to see all the work being done by everyone here.March 6, 2015 at 9:34 am #8887
The drum was quite simple. I did a base coat of Vallejo Game Color Bone White, and washed with Citadel Reikland Fleshshade. Then highlights on the highest points until I was satisfied.
The dragon wings….Oh god, those damn dragon wings. Those are the result of many many “experimental” attempts at different things, because I just couldn’t be happy with them. They actually started out red like the rest of the dragon, but I decided I wanted them to look more leathery, so I went back over them with (I think) various layers of Khaki, working up with increased amounts of ivory to the mix. Then finished it with a diluted red glaze.
…and this community rocks. 🙂March 7, 2015 at 8:16 am #8896
Finished my Changeling monster group this week. Here is one of them next to the reference art. Not crazy about the sculpt at all, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.March 7, 2015 at 9:15 am #8897
Yeah, that’s a pretty poor implementation of the concept art. Nice painting though!March 7, 2015 at 4:56 pm #8900
The Shadow of Nerekhall expansion, where this gentleman comes from, is pretty notorious in the Descent community for having pretty cruddy miniatures all-around, when compared to the line as a whole. The heroes, in particular, are atrocious.March 7, 2015 at 5:52 pm #8901
Jeez, that’s pretty unacceptable at this stage of the line.March 9, 2015 at 10:40 pm #8933
You painted that changeling to look disgusting and frightening nonetheless.
Thanks for the insight, i still have to get into the whole glazing stuff.March 12, 2015 at 4:11 am #8959
Finished this one last night. Lots of small detail work here. Really nice figure to work with.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.