Home Forums The Workshop Painted figures for Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd Edition

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I remember that one, it was tricky! Beautiful job.

Tangram11Tangram11
    Participant

Wow, great detail.

MarcellusWallaceMarcellusWallace
    Participant

That looks fantastic! You’re truly talented. Are you using the white over black priming technique?

I’m still unsure if i want to start painting my Descent figures since i don’t know if they will ever be played with again (i hope so). Then on the other hand i’d rather paint these than the hundreds of tiny runewars figures…

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Thanks, Marcellus.

Yes. I use white over black technique. Admittedly, I don’t use it properly, as I understand most people who use the technique follow it with painting glazes so the pre-shading actually shows through. I find that once I’ve base coated my figures, I can no longer tell they were even pre-shaded. I mostly use the white over black to help me see the details on the figures. Pure white is too bright for me, and pure black is too dark.

Here is an example of a figure I just primed today. Hopefully I’ll get to post him finished before too long.
    Mirklace

And here is a figure I finished today. I’ve been sitting around at work all week bored, so I took a sick day today to paint. 🙂 I needed it.
    Ynfernael Hulk

Tangram11Tangram11
    Participant

That guy is impressive. What approach did you take to do the yellow in the grooves?
    E.g. did you do the forearms in a yellow base to start with?

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Yes and No.

I primed the mini in black, then covered the whole thing with diluted yellow to fill the crevices.

Dry brush dark brown, adding in black in layers.

Then once the drybrushing was all done, I went back to the yellower bits and filled them in again, wiping away any paint that got to the raised surfaces.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Logan Lashley from Labyrinth of Ruin expansion

Logan Lashley

Participant

Excellent colour matching. Logan looks really good.
    You’ve really captured all the fine details too.

Keymaster

Top notch piece of work. Great face detail.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Finished this guy recently. Not my best work, but I’ll consider this one “working toward faster.”

Reynhart the Worthy

Keymaster

Looks excellent to me. Great work.

MarcellusWallaceMarcellusWallace
    Participant

Looks excellent to me, too. I like how you stay close to the artwork (and even put it right next to the photos :D)

How’s that ugly demon you posted before the fantastic lava beast coming along?

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.