Home Forums The Kitchen Village Attacks

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

I know it’s another castle defence game, but the spin is playing the bad guys and it has scenarios (which B-Sieged was sorely lacking).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimlordgames/village-attacks

Made by Grimlord Games who just supplied me with Endure the Stars.

Only half an hour into the KS and over 700 of 1000 EB taken. Should fund before it’s an hour old.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That actually looks quite nice, the figures have a bit of style. Terrible bloody name though! What’s the village attacking? 🙂

8th
    Participant

They’re attacking the castle with the monsters in. Torch wielding mob of peasants.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Unfortunately NZD$140 before shipping has reduced my interest considerably …

8th
    Participant

Wow! That makes MB:P look cheap.

Did they ever get MB:P postage cheap enough for you?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

No. Lots of people were complaining abot the postage and the made noises about lowering it, but there’s no news and I doubt they’ll be keen to go back and give lots of people refunds.

Certainly will make me think twice next time they run a campaign.

8th
    Participant

I have requested KS refunds before. You lose 10 or 15% as KS takes a bite out of funding.

Ask for a refund unless you really want all those KS exclusives.

CK Lai
    Participant

That’s a pity about the shipping. I just received their first game “Endure the Stars” and I must say the production values are pretty good. Minis are very nice. Ditto components. Game comes with a number of single scenarios and campaigns. More than 20 if I’m not mistaken so longevity of the game will be great.

Was tempted by Village Attacks as I know the minis will be great… but I’ve too many KS games in the pipeline as it is, so I think I’ll pass.

8th
    Participant

Not often that being in the UK is an advantage for a KS, so I’ll enjoy it while I can. May get expensive to back foreign KS when we finally leave eu.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Will, my old gaming buddy, was here this past week and I realised how many miniatures-based games I have, and thought perhaps it’s time I diversified a bit! Need to get a bit more variety in the collection. 🙂

8th
    Participant

And storage can be a problem when minatures are involved. Especially when there are many kickstarter extras.

But miniatures make a game look better on the table. Those little cardboard tokens just don’t have the same appeal.

briscoe999
    Participant

Backing Rising Sun was an easy no-brainer for me….but Village Attacks looks cool as well and has nice looking minis.
    I have not officially backed VA yet, because i am hoping for a better gameplay video to come out for it during the KS campaign (the video they have up is not really that great, but it looks like the game has some cool mechanics).

I keep telling myself I have to curb my gaming budget this year as a New Year’s Resolution (so far I am failing miserably).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.