Home Forums The Gaming Room War of the Ring – Anniversary Edition

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lobosolo
    Participant

Everyone,

Don’t miss your chance to order the Anniversary Edition of War of the Ring from Ares Games. It is only open for 48 hours and that was as of this morning. It is the closest thing you are going to get to the original Collectors Edition.

I just thought I would give you a reminder/heads up.

They are not limited to a certain number….only to the limited time. If you place an order, you will get a copy. But if you wait, you will never get one.

http://www.aresgames.eu/14924

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Having spent AUD$900 on the original Collector’s Edition, it’s the only way to play. I must admit if I had bought it as an investment I’d be a bit peeved at this very similar release though, which while it doesn’t have a wooden box has all painted figures and even an extra book, is a hell of a lot cheaper and will probably devalue the original CEs. So much for super limited special editions!

Luckily however, I would never sell my treasured CE so it’s not an issue. If you’re at all into War of the Ring, grab one of these new editions.

CK Lai
    Participant

There was a period in my gaming life when I would’ve jumped at this offer. But I now much prefer lighter, lower complexity skirmish games. Smaller footprint, fewer figures.

So I think I can pass on this limited edition offer… even with a $20 discount that Ares offered me as a backer of their Age of Conan expansion. (But those painted figures are SO sweet…)

briscoe999
    Participant

I ordered a copy of the AE WotR even before i received the notice from ARES about the $20 discount for being an Age of Conan expansion KS backer. Because i live in the USA – it is sort of like getting free shipping!

I just couldn’t resist it…..as I did not know about the WotR game back when the Collectors Limited Edition came out in 2010.
    I just could not justify spending upwards of $1200+ for a copy of the CE on the secondary market (believe me, I did consider buying it on several occasions and came pretty close)!

So for me, $369.00 is a good deal for an edition they are only making 2000 copies of that is “pretty” close to the CE for what you get (I know everything is relative….as some people may think it is absolutely nuts to spend close to $400.00 for a game).

Even though i already have the standard 2E version, I am really looking forward to having this version in my collection in 2016!!

PS – ARES still has some copies left for sale until they sell all 2000 copies they are producing. If you do not get it now, it could be years (or possibly never) again that a similar type edition is offered.

CK Lai
    Participant

@ briscoe999: stop tempting me! I had to take a good long read of the rule book to convince myself this is one game that will rarely, if ever, hit my gaming table… and you’re not helping with your PS!!! 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.